Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Perfect Beach Reads



Beach reads. Never really sure what people mean by this because all books could be good on a beach. Maybe not Atlas Shrugs, or Ulysses, but pretty much anything else. Mostly what I think makes a good beach read is a nice romantic and/or adventurous quick and easy to read YA. So here are my suggestions from some recent favorites:

Top Ten Beach Read Suggestions

1. The Fill-in Boyfriend by Kasie West
2. Not in the Script by Amy Finnegan
3. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han ( and its sequels)
4. The Selection by Kiera Cass ( and its sequels)
5. Defy by Sara B. Larson (and its sequel)
6. The Shadow Prince by Bree Despain (and its sequel)
7. The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey (and its sequel)
8. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han (and its sequel that comes out today!)
9. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (and its sequels)
10. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (and its sequels)

Seriously. If you take this list to the beach, you'll be loving your reading life!!!

What would you suggest I take, should I happen to find myself on a beach this summer?

See everyone's lists over at The Broke and the Bookish today!


10 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! I love how you added "and its sequel(s)" to almost all of them. :) I want to read each of these books. Someday. And, I won't take books to a beach with me. I'd rather play in the water if I'm at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni: Yep, they are all a group! LOL! When/if I go to the beach I like to read AND play in the water! :)

      Delete
  2. I think any of Kasie West's romances fit this category. They're easy, breezy reads that you don't have to think too much about. Cute, summery fluff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan: It's true and I love them for it!

      Delete
  3. There are several on this list that I've heard about and thought might be good reads. I don't read all that much YA, but occasionally I get a yen for them. Will keep these in mind. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay: You should totally give one (or more) a try!

      Delete
  4. PS I Still Love You and The Fill in Boyfriend would be on my list. One of these days I'll actually read on the beach. For now a poolside book will have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Fill In Boyfriend (as well as Kasie's other romances) and the sequel to TATBILB made my list too! I've also been seeing The Summer I Turned Pretty a lot around the blogosphere today, so I want to read that trilogy as well. :) I really should read Isla, the final book of the Anna companion series this summer as well.

    I would suggest We Were Liars, Dangerous Girls and the Pretty Little Liars series just because they're all YA mystery/thrillers. The last of which is a really light series, sort of, so I think it'd be a nice combination of mystery and lightness.

    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these but I have been thinking Anna and The French Kiss needs to be read one of these summers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, I read Atlas Shrugged on the beach. I'll be reading it again this summer too with Ti. Join us?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails