Saturday, May 2, 2015

Movie Review: The Age of Adaline

Movie: The Age of Adaline
Genre: Drama
Starring: Blake Lively, Harrison Ford,  Michiel Huisman
Rating: PG 13
My Rating: Two thumbs up




This movie doesn't have anything wowser about it. It's just a simple story about a girl who gets zapped by lightening basically and (as is explained in the voice over narration) stuff happens and she stops aging.



Then she has to deal with strange things when people start noticing, among them the FBI who want to study her or something. So she spends the next many decades running and changing her identity and moving and living a lonely existence, except for minimal contact with her daughter who, when the movie opens, is an old lady.

And then she meets a guy and she wants to stop running. But this thought is very scary. And then she meets the guys family and that is pretty intense too. And then she wants to run again. And then she doesn't! What's she going to do!


You'll have to go see the movie!

Yes, it's a simple movie, but very heartfelt and I loved see Harrison Ford in this roll. He's awesome. He's perfect. Blake Lively was perfect for this part too. And the guy? I enjoyed him too!  Michiel Huisman is his name. I guess he's a Game of Thrones dude? Anyway. Yeah. I liked him.

The biggest thing is that it makes you look at aging in a whole new way. Something I need to think about right now! Getting old is a GOOD thing! Ha.

Here's the trailer:


4 comments:

  1. I was really meh about this movie. It was ok and the acting was great but all together it was just...meh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was ok. Good cast. The narration really dragged it down because it tried to explain away the narration. I really hated that but I didn't mind the movie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still don't know if aging is a good thing, lol. Maybe after you've lived 6 lifetimes, but not just one lifetime. I need more time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked this movie. It was heart warming. I loved Harrison Ford too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails