Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Sunday Salon: What Book Now?


Just as the weekend started, I finished Her Fearful Symmetry. Good but strange...more on that later. So all the rest of this weekend I've been kinda floundering around as to what to pick next! I spent both Friday and Saturday evening taking girls to dance performances, so I picked a book based on what was small and I could carry easily and stick in my purse. I always think I'm going to read while waiting, but I end up never reading much.

Then today, we've been entertaining for the most part of the day, so not much reading's been going on either.

Meanwhile, my night stand stack has grown. And I still haven't really started on anything!

My choices:

Hide and Seek by Wilkie Collins

The Outlaws of Sherwood by Robin McKinley

Graceling by Kristin Cashore

Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton

A Fatal Waltz by Tasha Alexander

Mercy by Toni Morrison

How to Ditch Your Fairy by Justine Larbalestier

Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosney

Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe

Yes, those are ALL sitting on the nightstand at the moment, and I've wasted the whole weekend, reading-wise, and haven't really jumped into any of them! So sad.

How did your reading weekend go?



4 comments:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed Her Fearful Symmetry, Suey. I've been wanting to read that one. Looks like your nightstand is holding some good ones. I really want to read Sarah's Key. I've heard such great things about that one.

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear what you have to say about Her Fearful Symmetry. I have it waiting for me, but haven't yet picked it up. I finished the book I was reading Saturday night. I have mixed feelings about it and that affected my reading on Sunday. Does that happen to you? You finish a book, try to start a new one but find you're still mulling over the previous book?

    Anyway, I'd say of those books you should read A Mercy, mostly because it's the only I've read. But How To Ditch Your Fairy sounds good as well..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read Her Fearful Symmetry. I have had it since it came out, but haven't had a chance yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We picked up Graceling on our date on Friday (kind of a walk-by-impulse-grab thing) and since Scott had a horrible migraine Sunday, I started reading it out loud to him. We are nearly half way through and are very much enjoying it so far.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails