Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thoughts on New Moon

Just in case you wondered, here's what I thought about New Moon:


What I liked:

- the dialogue wasn't as cheesy, in fact, it was often quite funny

- Bella's friend, Jessica, was great!

- Jacob with short hair

- Jasper's one line

- Charlie

- all the work Taylor L. went through to create the perfect (and shirtless) Jacob

- the almost kisses (thanks to Brodi Ashton for that term!)

- the creepiness of Aro

- smiling Jacob

- Bella and Edward's chemistry

- Alice

- the sparkle was improved

- the wolf pack


What I didn't like:

- I meant to notice the music, and then I didn't. This bugged me. Did it mean I was wrapped up in the movie, or did it mean the music didn't stand out?

- too much slo-mo

- Bella and Edward do too much mumbling

- I needed more Volturi stuff. It seemed longer in the book and flew by in the movie. There was tons of Dakota Fanning build up and then.... she was gone in a flash.

- it was over too soon,

- and that ending was extremely abrupt!


I wanted an audience that was into it, but not too screamy, and we lucked out there too. They laughed at all the right times, and oohed and aahed at the right times, but didn't overly freak out at the wrong times. So, it was great! Fun movie. I enjoyed it.

Now, what to see this weekend during the holiday?

3 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed it! I'll be seeing this (with the gal who got me into Twilight) after Thanksgiving and I'm really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on a lot of your points, especially about the use of slow motion! Also I didn't like Alice's vision. It was just so cheesy. The movie made me like Jacob a lot more though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed more Volturi, too. My thoughts are up on Friday...

    It was a fun escape, though, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails