Friday, June 29, 2007

Something About Me Challenge: Preliminary List


This challenge is becoming a bit overwhelming! Everyday a new list is posted, adding more books to my Want To Read list! So, like many others have been doing, I've already started reading some of these books, even though the official beginning of the challenge doesn't start until August.


My Pre-Challenge Books (including my some from my own "something about me" books that I hadn't even read yet... silly me!)


Read in June:

Papa Married a Mormon by John D. Fitzgerald (Suey)

The Quilter's Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini (Suey)

The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud (Suey)

I Am Legend by Richard Matheson (Stephanie)


Plans for July

So Many Books, So Little Time by Sara Nelson (BookInLife)

Operating Instructions by Anne Lamont (Nattie)

Sixpence House by Paul Collins (Nattie)

A Cook's Tour Anthony Bourdain (Athena)

Biblioholism by Tom Raabe (Twiga)


My Official Challenge List So Far... I may add a couple still

Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel (Maryanne)

Rebecca of Sunny Brook Farm by Kate Douglas (Stephanie)

The Writing Life by Annie Dillard (Megan)

Ida Mae.... by Ginnie Siena Bivona (Lynne)

The Stand by Stephen King (BookInLife)

Evening Class by Maeve Binchy (Raidergirl)

Tracon by Paul McElroy (Lisa)

The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards (3M)

I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak (Jill)


Then there's a huge list of "what I'll try to read later!" Maybe I'll post that another day.

2 comments:

  1. I really love this challenge. Especially since it's a way to actually get to know a little about the other bloggers!

    I had hoped to read something from everyone's list. But the challengers grew to so many that I won't be able to do it in time. But I am going to make a list of those I want to read someday too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some really great books ahead of you. I look forward to reading what you thought of them (especially 'The Stand').

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails