Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Mini-review: The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud


Book: The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud
Rating: A
Genre: YA Fantasy
I bought this at one of the book fairs I was in charge of years ago. It's been patiently waiting a turn ever since and I've finally read it!
So, now I'm hooked to another great fantasy series.... surprise, surprise. This one is so well-written, a great style, with wonderful characters. The dginni (genie) is hilarious, with a wonderful bad attitude. The little kid, Nathaniel, has some pretty crazy issues of his own and I can see him really going places with all the magic he is learning and on his own even. I think Bartimaeus (the genie) might actually like him when it comes right down to it! Wow, they get themselves into a crazy mess in this book, with many magical creatures much more powerful than themselves.
On to book two!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds good. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much into fantasy, myself, but my husband picked this one up at Borders and loved it so much I bought book 2 for him for his birthday and book 3 for our anniversary. They must be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the series for my brother for Christmas this year. I'm really hoping to get it back from him soon! I've heard great things about it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails