Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Book Review: To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

Book: To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

Genre: YA rom com

Rating: ★ ★ ★ 


I read this for a second time for book club last month. I didn't plan on it, but a lively discussion happened PRE book club on our chat which made me want to remember it better. It's so crazy how quickly and easily I forget books, you know? Like why read them in the first place I sometimes wonder if I just forget them.

Anyway, I flew through the re-read and pretty much loved it again. At book club people brought out all kinds of things they have issues with, and I'm all... but... it was FUN! 

I think everyone knows the premise of this story, yeah? Lara Jean writes letters to her ex crushes to get her feelings out and then puts them away to never be mailed. But then, they DO get mailed and so theses guys are coming up to her with letter in hand going... so um... what's this about?? And she has to safe face with one crush who happens to be her sister's boyfriend, and so she makes another ex crush pretend to be her current boyfriend. Yeah. Fake boyfriend trope! It's great!

And lots of fun Korean culture stuff thrown in just for even more fun! (I read this the first time before I was immersed in the K fandom and so it was fun to re-read again with a very different perspective about that.) 

So yeah ,I love the banter, the silliness, the angst, the sister relationships (Kitty steals the show in both the TV version AND the book version!) just everything. It's a fun book. A fun series. I'm glad I decided to re-read it!

4 comments:

  1. I saw the movie, but haven't read the books. Thanks, now I want to read the book as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I love how you're all like, "but ... it was FUN!" I agree for the most part, just not the love triangle and the non-ending part. HA!!! I'm glad you enjoyed rereading it, though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I re-read it as well, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the first time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails