Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Too Good to Review Properly

 


Today's prompt is books that are too good to review properly. I feel like there's a bunch over the years that could fit this category. So I'll scroll through the list and see what jumps out and list them here with my original bad review, lol! But I already know the very first one on the list is the book I just finished and attempted a review! 


Ten Books I Loved Too Much to Review Properly

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin

The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell

The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Katherine by Anya Seton

The Tightrope Walkers by David Almond


All I  know is that I need to start reading some more meaty books again like most of these are. I miss this. I wonder if my brain can handle it yet? 



7 comments:

  1. I didn't even think of The Book Thief, but after seeing it on your list and Kami's, I'm kicking myself for not putting it on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the Kite Runner and The Book Thief jumped out at me as difficult to review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two of our books are the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree on Zevin's book. Such a good read. Happy reading. My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/books-too-good-to-review-properly/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked the Book Thief (did you see the movie?) but for some reason I couldn't get through Edgar Sawtelle! Sometimes I feel books are hard to review because so much has been said about them already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Kite Runner made my list this week, as well. And The Book Thief is a popular choice this week. I didn't even think of it, but it's perfect for the prompt. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails