Monday, February 14, 2022

Bookish and Kdrama-ish and YouTube-ish Numbers for 2021

 

Pretty sure at this point no one cares about these numbers, but I find it interesting for my own observation. 


READING STATS

TOTAL BOOKS: 37 (Goal was 45)
Total pages: 10,174
Total Re-reads: 0

Authors
Men: 4
Women: 28

For:
ARCS for Review: 1
Supporting Utah Authors: 4
Book Club: 10
Beehive Award Long List: 4
Middle Grade AML Judging: 9

From:
Library: 6
On my Kindle: 12
Bought/Owned: 19
Borrowed: 0
Audio: 0

Genres:
YA: 14
Adult: 15
Middle Grade: 8


From the YA Category:
Contemporary Realistic Fiction: 7
SF/Fantasy: 5
Dystopian: 2
Historical Fiction: 0
Graphic Novel: 0
  

From the MG Category:
Fantasy: 3
Contemporary: 4
Historical Fiction: 1

From the Adult Category:
Historical Fiction: 2
Fantasy: 3
Romance: 6
Literary Fiction: 2
Non Fiction: 2


Star Ratings:
5 stars: 3
4 stars: 24
3 stars: 10
2 stars: 0
1 star: 0

Observations: 

* Clearly I'm setting my goal too high still. I think I brought it back down to 40 this year. I still want to make it something I have to reach for, you know? I know I can make 30, but 40 seems to be pushing it! I wonder if I'll do it this year! I haven't made my Goodreads goal for years now. LOL. Sigh.

* Adult reading surpassed YA this year. Thanks to book club and reading all of Trish's books. Lol! And I'm determined to read more adult books again this year. Not that I'm not enjoying YA still. But I need something more lately I think.

* I really enjoyed the middle grade reading project from last year. That always surprises me!

* Everything mostly seems to be status quo these days. Pretty boring around here regarding reading.

KDRAMA STATS

Total Kdramas consumed: 20
5 hearts: 6
4 hearts: 9
3 hearts: 4
2 hearts: 1

I just still love these kdramas so much. Seriously, if you keep reading about me gushing about them, but haven't tried one yourself yet, now is the time. This is the year! Netflix has figured it out and SO MANY are on there now. So no excuses! Just try it! It's starting to be more normal and no one will think you are weird or anything! And, in case you missed it, here's a link to my top ten post Kdrama post for the year!

YOUTUBE STATS


Total Videos Uploaded on The Kpop Konverters: 1,225 (up from 1,137 last year)
Total Uploaded in 2021: 88 (down big time from 204)
3 million views: 1 
Over 100,000 views:  23 (up from 20)
50,000 to 100,000 views: 21 (up from 20 last year)
10,000 to 50,000 views:112 (up from 102)


Subscribers at year end: 35,037  (up from 32, 298 last year) 
View count at year end: 15, 245, 831 (up from 13, 575, 314 last year)

Observations:

* Our one really popular video appears to be finally slowing down after three years (or four?) since being uploaded.

* Wow, I made a ton less videos this year than previous years. Sad. I am floundering in my direction for this channel.

* Other popular videos continue to get views. So fascinating to me. New videos are not getting views. People love reactions and they don't like compilations. That's the bottom line. And all I want to do these days is compilations. Or edits. If you are interested AT ALL in the sort of videos I make, here's my favorite from this year... and it's very short. But gives you an idea:



* Anyway. I guess for now I'm still at it. I am compelled to edit videos. And I guess for now it will continue to be kpop stuff!

4 comments:

  1. 20 dramas! Wow! I don't think I'd want to know how many seasons of tv shows I've watched in year. I'm impressed you kept track. Good luck with your goals this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah 20 is my norm I guess, about 2 or so a month? Like I've said before many people do about 20 every month! Anyway, yeah I have a blog page with all my dramas and links to my reviews, if you are ever curious. You can see the tab at the top!

      Delete
  2. You didn't reread any books? That's so weird to me, lol. I'm the same with adult vs. YA books. I still love YA, but I'm reading more adult books now.

    Good job on your YouTube growth. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't re-read much, BUT thanks to you I just did! Had to see my second time around thoughts on To All the Boys! LOL! Also, the channel is kind of dead really. I don't know why people are still subscribing... but I really need to figure out how to breathe some life back into it... sigh...

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails