Sunday, February 20, 2022

Author Event: Jennifer A. Nielsen and Heather Clark

 Not only are concerts back, but authors too!

I've really been missing going to author events but this past week, they are back! This event was to launch the debut book for Heather Clark called Lemon Drop Falls. And her author friend Jennifer A. Nielsen, and a favorite author of all or ours, was there as part of it. 

This book is a middle grade book about a girl dealing with her anxiety and fear after her mom dies. I think. Heather told us about when she herself almost died and how rough it was on her kids and especially her one daughter. So that's the inspiration for the story. 



The both of them told several other stories and it was all very inspiring. Hearing Jen's publishing story of how she tried and tried and tried and was rejected by everyone even the place that takes everyone, was really inspiring too. It really just hits home how if you want something bad enough, you just can't give up.

So I ended up with both of their books and we stood in line for quite awhile waiting for them to be signed. When it was our turn ,Jennifer give me my own personal writing pep talk and I felt fired up for... about an hour. Now that I've come down from the evening, I still feel very... I think what I mostly feel is that I'm just riding some band wagon and that I'm not for real enough in this writing quest... and I guess until I take myself seriously, no one else will either. It's a hard thing to do and something I will struggle with forever I'm afraid. 

Anyway, the biggest thing I took away from that pep talk is there are people out there who need my stories and why should I let MY fear get in the way of that happening...like just suck it up and stop worrying about it so much. 

It was a great night and I'm so glad I went. Next week the library is having its annual best books of the year talk and we plan on supporting that one too. I wish I had more time to do all the things, like read all those books that they will make me want to read!

Here's some pictures from the night:


With Jennifer. 

With Heather

Can you see our smiling eyes?

So exciting to be back at it, supporting the authors!


2 comments:

  1. It was so much fun to go. I've missed things like this so much! I'm glad we all went.

    I'm sorry you're scared. I can understand why. It is scary. I think Jennifer Nielsen is right, though. And, I think that you'll regret not trying. Your friends are here to support you! :D We will help you get to where you need to be! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you'll be published some day Suey. I just know it. You have a passion for this, and you keep coming back to it. I will cheer you on all the way.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails