Saturday, February 5, 2022

Book Review: Instructions for Dancing by Nicola Yoon

Book: Instructions for Dancing by Nicola Yoon

Genre: YA magic realism

Rating: ★ ★ ★ 


I've come to learn that I'm quite the fan of Nicola Yoon books. And this one was also quite lovely.

Our girl is sad about stuff that's happened in her life. She's given up on love. And it doesn't help that she suddenly sees visions of people's love life's.. .and how they will end. She's determined to never be part of that craziness.

She ends up at a dance studio (she was just trying to return a book) and somehow she ends up taking ballroom dancing lessons. And is partnered with a really awesome beautiful dude. A dude she is NOT going to fall in love with. (Seriously though. He dances. And plays guitar. That's like, all it takes, right?)

Anyway, as she continues to see these visions, she continues to kind of freak out and wants to figure out how to make them go away. But before that happens, of course she sees her own story. 

And that's all I'm going to say about that. 

I loved all the meshing up of things here... books, dancing, music, family. Totally enjoyed it. Now I just need to read the other Nicola Yoon book that's been patiently waiting for... a long time!


1 comment:

  1. I haven't read any Nicola Yoon books yet. They're on my TBR, though. Hopefully, I'll like them as much as you do.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails