Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Family Book Club Potentials



It's freebie day for our Top Ten prompt over at The Broke and the Bookish. And I'm awfully late posting, but I finally (with help) thought up a list.

So, we decided (sort of) to try doing a family book club. Someone posted the 200 Books Everyone Should Read List on Facebook and then we lamented all the books we haven't read yet. So I thought... let's read some! So I've used that list as a starting point, and then I've narrowed it down by selecting some I myself have yet to read. Here are those ten. Let me know if you've read any of these books and if so, if you think they'd work well for a family book club where all different ages and reading levels will be (I hope) participating.

I'd love your input!


Ten Potential Books for The Family Book Club


1. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
2. Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie
3. Perfume by Patrick Suskind
4. On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan
5. The House of the Spirits by Isabelle Allende
6. Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman
7. The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde
8. The Plague by Albert Camus
9. The Neverending Story by Michael Ende
10. The Ballad of the Sad Cafe by Carson McCullers


What do you think? Some of these are pretty obscure and I'd love to know if you've read them and are they good?

9 comments:

  1. I have only heard of Peter Pan and The Neverending Story... so can start with one of those? I vote Peter Pan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun! And who would be participating? All of you? I want Rio read The Bell Jar one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny: My family, brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews hopefully.. maybe some cousins. We'll see. I want The Bell Jar too...

      Delete
  3. Sadly, I haven't read any of these. I've wanted to, though. Someday. Your family book club sounds like fun. Do you think everyone will participate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS--I just did that list and I've read 28 of the books. Sad.

      Delete
    2. Jenni: I guess we'll see how it goes... and I'm quite sure everyone will not participate... a few maybe.

      Delete
  4. Is this a blog book club or in real life book club you're thinking of putting together? Either way, it looks like a good list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie: It's going to be an online facebook group book club, with real life family members participating. I hope. We'll see if it even works.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails