Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Another Ten Romance Favorites


This week's top ten list prompt from The Broke and the Bookish is all about love and romance of course! Last year we did anti love stories, but the year before we DID list love stories. (And even before that, WAY before that I made a list of favorite couples! Beware if you click over, most of the awesome pictures I found have bad links now.) So I've decided to make another favorite love story list here, one that does NOT include anything from those first lists. Plan? So in other words, if you think I left something really very obvious out (Lizzy and Darcy for example) then you'll have to click on the above links and see what's on those other lists.

MORE Top Ten Favorite Romances

1. Perry and Aria from Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

2. Sean Kendrick and Puck Connolly in The Scorpio Races by Maggie Steifvater


3. Lola and Cricket in Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

4. Celia and Marco in The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern


5. Molly and Roger in Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell

6. Sarah and Captain Jack in These is My Words by Nancy Turner

7. Prue and Kester in Precious Bane by Mary Webb


8. Anne and Captain Wentworth in Persuasion by Jane Austen

9. Han and Raisa in the Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima


10. Paul and Hetta in The Way We Live Now by Anthony Trollope

So? How'd I do? Do you agree? Or are you thinking, WHAT?


18 comments:

  1. I think the Night Circus is one of the best love stories ever told.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Carrie: Yep. I think I'll re-read it this summer for book club!

      Delete
  3. I don't know any of those :( I'm going to read Persuasion some day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celia and Marco made my list too! And Anne and Captain Wentworth. They are both swoon-worthy couples.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you put Prue and Hester on your list. I didn't, but they would've been in my honorable mentions if I went more than five, lol.

    And, you're the first I've seen who put only Lola and Cricket instead of Anna and Etienne. I've seen both, but not just Lola and Cricket. Way to be different! :)

    My Top Ten Tuesday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JennI: You have an awesome list too! (I read it but didn't comment.) Yes, I liked Cricket just so so much!

      Delete
  6. Well, I actually agrees with you on these... well on the ones I've read. Which makes me eager to get to the ones I haven't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Anne and Captain Wentworth. I adore them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choices...and so many that I need to read! Celia and Marco would be on my list too had I made a list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely agree with Celia and Marco!! BUT, that is the only couple I'm even familiar with! I need to get reading!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails