Tuesday, February 15, 2011
My Top Tens: Love Stories
After much stressing (I need like a top 50 list or something) here's what I've come up with for my top ten favorite love stories. This particular list kills three meme-ish type events today. Top Ten Tuesday over at The Broke and The Bookish, a Love Month post sponsored by Fluttering Butterflies, and my own quest to list top ten book lists now and then when the mood moves me.
1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
3. Katherine by Anya Seton (love story of Katherine Swynford and John of Gaunt)
4. The Far Pavilions by M.M. Kaye
5. The Enchanted Cup by Dorothy Roberts (the first Tristan and Isolde story I read and was much taken with)
6. Sing Me To Sleep by Angela Morrison
7. The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
8. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
9. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
10. Beauty by Robin McKinley
What would you include in YOUR top ten?