Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Favorite Literary Couples

Literary Feline is having a contest! To enter you need to comment (or do your own blog post as I'm chosing to do here) about your favorite literary couples. This being one of my favorite bookish subjects, I had to join in and eleborate a bit in my own post.


Many of my favorites have been mentioned over and over, but I'll mention them again just for fun:




Elizabeth and Darcy





Anne and Gilbert




Ron and Hermione





Bella and Edward




Heathcliff and Catherine




Romeo and Juliet















Some others I love:


Ash and Anjuli (from The Far Pavilions by M.M. Kaye)





Katherine and John of Gaunt (from Katherine by Anya Seton)


(It appears we need a movie made of this book so we can have a good couple picture!)








Edward and Elinor (from Sense and Sensability by Jane Austen)







Beauty and the Beast (my favorite from Robin McKinley's Beauty)














John and Abigail Adams










Just a few of my favorites!

4 comments:

  1. lots of great one there! I had forgotten all about Anne and Gilbert, and I love the addition of John and Abagail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, Suey! I love that you added photos to your list of favorites. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only one I haven't heard of are from The Far Pavilions. I guess I'll just have to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Suey! Although you did not win the Book of Your Choice contest, I would like to send you a little something for posting your response to my question on your blog. If you could, e-mail me your mailing address at literaryfeline at gmail dot com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails