Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Auto Buy Authors


So I'm thinking that this list is going to be no surprise to those who regularly read this blog. But since today's prompt over at The Broke and the Bookish is which authors will you automatically buy their books, no questions asked.... I'm ready to list them all again!

My Top Ten Auto Buy Authors

1. Markus Zusak.... hello. What's there even to say? :)
2. John Green.... I love his stuff and his books make me happy.
3. Maggie Stiefvater... she is a newcomer to this list, but after the last couple books, I think I'll be buying.
4. Brandon Sanderson... with a little qualification here. I will buy his adult fantasy, but so far I haven't felt the need to buy his MG things. (I have just the one.) And the adult fantasy I haven't kept up on, but I will get there.
5. Shannon Hale... local famous author who writes amazing books. I'll be buying.
6. Ally Condie... ditto for Ally.
7. Patrick Rothfuss.... he has me hooked on the world he's created, and I can't wait for more. When he does start a new series with a new world, I'll be there for that one too!
8. Dan Wells.... I don't care what he writes, I will read it.
9. Suzanne Collins... what will she come up with next? I'll buy to find out!
10. Melina Marchetta... I would like to list her here, but so far, I've only read her books from the library. Let's fix that!

Which authors will you automatically buy? Do we share any of the same? Who should I add to my list?


31 comments:

  1. oh totally agree with your list and maggie is one of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie: I so look forward to another Maggie bok!

      Delete
  2. I automatically get Jessica Day George's books. I agree with many people on your list. I need to read a John Green book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami: I have many of hers too! You DO need to read John Green, and see what you think.

      Delete
  3. There are a few authors on your list that I haven't read anything by! I'll have to get on that. You know Green and Zusak made my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've put together a great list. You've got a few on there that I've been meaning to try. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've liked each of John Green's books, and I've only read one by Melina Marchetta and liked it too. I'll be reading more by her if my library purchases my suggestions. :)

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie: Which Melina Marchetta one? Jelicoe Road?

      Delete
  6. Good list! I've been trying to think of the authors I'd auto buy too, but ever since The Casual Vacancy, my auto buy was wavered a bit, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I own and have read most of Hemingway's books. I'll buy anything by Geraldine Brooks and Anne Tyler. I have most of Shannon Hale's books too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Utah Mom: Geraldine Brooks is a good one, I haven't been keeping up her though!

      Delete
  8. Good list, I love Maggie Stiefvater, John Green and Markus Zusak as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. The Brunette: John Green and Maggie seem to be very popular on these lists!

      Delete
  10. Stiefvater is one of my favorites too - my fave by her so far is The Scorpio Races.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya: Yep, me too. I'm already ready to re-read. :)

      Delete
  11. I can't believe you picked Markus Zusak. I mean, you hardly ever talk about how much you love him! =P LOL. I'm eager to see what Suzanne Collins comes up with next, and I think Shannon Hale might end up on my auto-buy list one day. I know Princess Academy was a great start! :)



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan: LOL! I know, right? I need to talk him up a little I'm thinking!! :)

      Delete
  12. Yeah, obviously I agree about Markus. Maggie has convinced me too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, and of course Dan too. Can't forget Dan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny: I almost forgot him and then I was like, wait, is he NOT the author I bought a freaking 30$ book that I already read? That says a lot.

      Delete
  14. Ooh. We have three in common, and you have several on here that I seriously considered. Melina Marchetta and Dan Wells, in particular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica: This prompt this time has made my TBR and want to read list go crazy more than even the other lists! Argh!

      Delete
  15. John Green is on my list, too (http://worducopia.blogspot.com/2013/02/8-authors-id-read-anything-by.html)
    I hadn't thought of Suzanne Collins, but you're right--I definitely want to know what she'll come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to see what Suzanne Collins will come up with either! She made my list too! Awesome list! I need to try a John Green book...more to read!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read most of these authors, so I need to get on that! Definitely like Shannon Hale and Suzanne Collins. J.K. Rowling is a must-buy for me. I would have a hard time narrowing down the rest though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails