Top Ten Books That Broke My Heart
1. The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck... the sons at the end broke my heart in a big way.
2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak... Rudy? Please.
3. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski... not a happy ending at all.
4. The Road by Cormac McCarthy.... sadness all around, and then there's the dad and all.
5. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini... for you a thousand times over.
6. Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls... a fern growing up between dogs graves? Sobfest.
7. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White... who knew you could cry over a spider?
8. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott... the whole Laurie thing kills me every time!
9. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck... extremely depressing sad book.
10. Bel Canto by Ann Patchett... did it HAVE to end that way?
What books broke YOUR heart?