Monday, January 5, 2009

War Through the Generations Challenge


I've decided I want to join Serena and Anna on their quest to read more and learn more about the different wars through the generations. For this challenge, I will read five books this year dealing with WWII. For complete challenge instructions and to join click HERE.

After looking through the amazing list Serena and Anna have put together, I've decided to read the following five books:

1. Atonement by Ian McEwan

2. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne

3. The True Story of Hansel and Gretel by Louise Murphy

4. Lily's Crossing by Patricia Reilly Giff

5. The Greatest Generation by Tom Brokaw


I look forward to the challenge of this challenge! Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. Suey, I'm so glad you signed up for the challenge! Yea! I'm looking forward to your reviews of these books.

    Hope you had a great holiday. I'm really behind on my blog reading...

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm participating in this one too - it should be very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the Greatest Generation and really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are participating in this one! I plan to read John Boyne's book as well for this one. I hope you enjoy Atonement and The True Story of Hansel and Gretel and Atonement. I liked both of those books very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suey! Yipee! You've joined the challenge...excellent. It's going to be great to see what everyone thinks about the WWII books they've selected.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails