Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Sunday Salon: Looking Back... and Ahead

More book journal fun.....

The first book I read in:
2002: The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket
2003: Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
2004: Bringing Elizabeth Home by Ed and Lois Smart
2005: Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss
2006: Shackles of Honor by Marcia Lynn McClure
2007: The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks
2008: Dragonhaven by Robin McKinley

Ten years ago: Started participating in online reading groups
Seven years ago: Started keeping track of books read in a journal
Five years ago (in May): Started a neighborhood book club
Two years ago (in March): Started a book blog

Total Books Read in:
2002:63
2003: 64
2004: 59
2005: 65
2006: 73
2007: 100 I think
2008: 100

Last book read in:
2002: Tortilla Flat by John Steinbeck
2003: To Make Men Free by N.C. Allen
2004: Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke
2005: Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen
2006: Eldest by Christopher Paolini
2007: Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
2008: Fame, Glory and Other Things On My To Do List by Janette Rallison

The Top Ten of the Top Ten Lists 2002-2008:
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
These is My Words by Nancy E. Turner
Beauty by Robin McKinley
Seabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkein
David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
Pope Joan by Donna Wolfolk Cross
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
Life of Pi by Yann Martel

Looking ahead this week:
- I need to post a bunch of reviews
- I need to still post my challenge lists for 2009
- I'm reading my first Georgette Heyer book
- I need to start a re-read of Wuthering Heights for book club
- But Inkdeath is screaming at me to drop everything and read it!
- And a bookmark is half way through the abandoned The Moon Below...oh yeah, and that one book... War and Peace.

Happy Reading in 2009 to you all!

5 comments:

  1. Your record-keeping is impressively complete. I only started keeping note in my blog last year. I'm also quite a ways behind in my book reviews-- still have 10 or so to go before I can round up 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! I love the idea. I may have to keep this in mind for the future . . . :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, stats! I especially like how you've listed the first and last book read in any given year. I may have to steal that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love it if you all steal the idea. Let me know if you do and I'll come see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a fun set of lists! I really like it and may steal your idea as I am currently feeling empty in my head and have a hard time finding something interesting to say ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails