Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays: Calling the Police!


TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
Please avoid spoilers!

From The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman p. 135:

"If you're still in here," he said, in a sour mutter, "don't even think of making a run for it. I've called the police on you, that's what I've done."

6 comments:

  1. I like the last bit - "that's what I've done." A "so there" aside that totally cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I like the voice here. Sounds like someone I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ARGH! I have GOT to read this book. Stop tempting me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "There George needed no reminder of his mother, for the last weeks of her life and the manner of her death made clear to him that he had to make sure there was not even a suspicion of his having animal magic.
    Yet for all his secrecy, George could not make his magic go away, for he had learned that from his mother's death." - p. 59 of The Princess and the Hound by Mette Ivie Harrison

    I was not impressed by her other book "Mira, Mirror" (I think that's what it was called), but this one is great. I'm having a hard time putting it down to tend to my mothering duties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan: Hey cool! That's the book up next for my book club! I've got to read it fast so I can loan out my book to people. If I can't put it down, I guess that won't be a problem. Glad you found me, I hope to see you around a lot.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails