Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Midweek Morsels: Sweet Chex Mix



Kristina is starting a new weekly event at her blog called Midweek Morsels. Does that button look yummy or what? Anyway, I want to participate when I can and so for this first one, Kristina asks for us to share a Superbowl treat.

Well, not being a Superbowl fan at all, I'll just share one of my favorite snacks that I think would work for any TV viewing event of your choice! Let me just say, make at your own risk! Once you start eating this stuff, you can't stop.

Sweet Chex Mix

1 17 1/2- oz. box corn or rice chex
1 small pkg. coconut
1 cup sliced almonds (I'm not much of a nut fan, so I leave these out usually.)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups light corn syrup
1 1/2 cups margarine


Combine cereal, coconut, and almonds in a big pan or bowl. In a saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and margarine. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for 3 min. over medium heat. Pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat well.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I think this looks yummy!! Thanks for sharing!! I'm definitely going to make this for the game this weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe! I've loved this when you've made it before!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails