Thursday, February 7, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: But, Enough About Books.....





Booking Through Thursday


Okay, even I can’t read ALL the time, so I’m guessing that you folks might voluntarily shut the covers from time to time as well… What else do you do with your leisure to pass the time? Walk the dog? Knit? Run marathons? Construct grandfather clocks? Collect eggshells?




My problem is this: I like to do so many different things that I end up not doing any of them very well, or finding time to really get into doing them. Some of them are:




Quilting. I go in spurts on this one. I'm in a non-spurt right now, but I have many projects that are calling me to come finish them. I have been taking a little block of the month class, and that's about to wrap up, and that's been fun. But then I'll have to put those blocks together and finish them too!




Family History. To me this not only includes actual researching ones ansestors, which I'd like to do more of but don't, but also the scrapbooking hobby that so many like to do. I do this to some extent and I keep up books for all the kids, but I don't do the over-the-top extremely cool pages that "real" scrapbookers do! Besides scrapbooking, I play with home videos and try to make fun movie compilations with them. I've also compiled my grandparents histories and hope to do my parents some day too. I also keep up huge photo albums with all our family pictures.



Traveling. A few years ago we bought a travel trailer, so we love to get out in that and go camping, or just find some out of the way location and see something new. We are also finding a new love of cruising and that may become a big part of our future. I love road trips and want to see the whole country some day by driving all the back roads. Then, there's the dream of seeing all of Europe!





TV and Movies. Like many of you (I've been reading several answers already and it's amazing how much we all have in common!) I love to hang out in front of the TV. This "hobby" has intensified with the invention of Tivo... or in our case the computer set-up that can record shows. My favorite TV shows currently: Heroes, Lost, Amazing Race, Survivor, American Idol, Pushing Daisies, Moonlight, Friday Night Lights, Masterpiece Theater.... and various others here and there. I also love movies, especially when we get a chance to go to the big screen and see a movie when it first comes out.






Music. I love music as much as books. I got an Ipod for Christmas (finally!) and have been spending lots of time trying to get all my music on it. That's a project! And my love for anything and everything Josh Groban could be considered its own hobby in and of itself! I love going to concerts (I think last summer there were about 12 or so... including Josh!) and to Broadway shows. Love, love, love it!






Kids. Much of my time is spent keeping kids going here and there. With three teenagers now and one pre-teen (is a nearly nine year old considered preteen these days?) life is quite busy with them!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt! I said the same thing about going in spurts. It is a fun hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilt! My mother quilts and we've definitely benefited from that hobby!
    I love Josh Groban, and would love to see him in concert some day - it must be quite an experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the Josh Groban concert was quite the experience... there's not even words to describe! All we could say when it was over was, "wow, wow, wow" and then I was on high for weeks. Can't wait for the next time he comes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother is a quilter and I am always in awe of people to can quilt - I can hardly finish most of my knitting projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to try quilting some day. Happy BTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This week's BTT question was really fun. It's interesting to see what everyone likes doing with the rest of their free time.

    One day I'm going to learn to quilt. It's a family thing on both sides. My sister has taken it up. I've just been lagging behind.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails