Thursday, February 14, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: After the Honeymoon



Here’s something for Valentine’s Day.

Have you ever fallen out of love with a favorite author? Was the last book you read by the author so bad, you broke up with them and haven’t read their work since? Could they ever lure you back?



Boring answer today because I can't think of any author I've fallen out of love with! If I loved 'em once, I still love 'em! Some of my favorites I haven't read for awhile... Anya Seton, M.M. Kaye, Charles Dickens, Wilkie Collins. But I still love them, they are just on the back burner making room for all the new favorites!

3 comments:

  1. I fell out of love with Anne Rice after reading one of her later vampire books. I think it was Blackwood Farm, or something. I haven't read another one since, and I haven't read her latest book about Jesus either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so funny - I fell out of love with Rice too!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the authors I fell out of love with is Patricia Cornwell. I enjoyed her earlier books quite a bit, and so it was a sad moment. I gave her three chances to redeem herself before deciding enough was enough and I needed to move on.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails