Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Top Ten Kdramas from 2022

 


I didn't watch near as many dramas this past year as I usually do. And I fell into a pretty huge slump toward the end of the year, but still I watched some really awesome ones this year and so my stats and my favorites list!


Total dramas watched in 2022:  16

Aired in 2022: 13
Aired previous to 2022: 3

Five hearts: 6
Four hearts: 7
Three hearts: 3

My Favorites (linked to my review with blurbs from that review)


Let Me Be Your Knight


I love it. Very heartfelt and sweet. And such great music. I've been in a bit of a drama slump since finishing this one. I just kinda want to start all over and watch it again...

Semantic Error


And they nailed it. Such great acting, great connection, great chemistry. And what do you know, I'm not the only who thought that. This drama has become a huge hit and everyone who is familiar with the genre is saying it's one of the best ones they've ever watched. I also enjoyed it because it wasn't preachy and "in your face" about things, if you know what I mean. It was just a love story. I don't know how else to explain it. But yeah. It wasn't trying to convince me of anything except the connection between these two characters. 

All of Us Are Dead

I just... wow. I loved so much about it. It was gripping and "page turning" and despite that first hesitation with that first episode, I was hooked so fast and very invested.

Business Proposal

Oh my goodness I loved it so much! This drama took every beloved trope and played them up perfectly! And the characters were all so FREAKING endearing, and the story just so simple and fluffy. It was literally the perfect kdrama! 

Young Actor's Retreat

So, obviously this is technically not a drama. It's a very fun variety show that stars drama actors. I started watching not really knowing what it was all about, but dang.. this has been one of the most fun things I've watched all year! My face seriously got sore for laughing so much!

From a Distance Spring is Green

 I loved this one because of the heart it has. SO MUCH HEART! And dang but Park Jihoon totally blew it away with his acting. So bright and happy to a totally tortured soul.

Snowdrop

It's very intense, very violent and very tragic. And also, very good. Amazing acting, storytelling, music, characters. All of it. 

Tomorrow

Anyway, that's all to say this drama is fantastic, but highly emotional. So watch at your own risk and when you are in the mood for much crying. But also a lot of wonderful emotions. So very cathartic all around!

Sh**ting Stars

This is another one of those dramas that I at first dismissed just from the title and that it sounded silly. But of course, we all know, that is not usually how it really is! What a cute fun romcom this one is! 

The Sound of Magic

Some people I know were bothered by the singing (which I find funny because pretty sure everyone knew it's a musical going in) but I thought it was great fun and everyone was really awesome. There's really not a ton of songs either. And of course Ji Changwook is FANTASTIC as he is in everything he does. So so good!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't watched any of those yet. I want to watch The Sound of Magic. It is on my list on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails