Thursday, November 3, 2022

Kdrama Review: Young Actors' Retreat

 Drama: Young Actors' Retreat

Genre: variety

Starring: (see below)

Rating: ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤


So, obviously this is technically not a drama. It's a very fun variety show that stars drama actors. I started watching not really knowing what it was all about, but dang.. this has been one of the most fun things I've watched all year! My face seriously got sore for laughing so much!

The dude that directed three different dramas took the main actors from those dramas, and managed to get them together for this retreat where they played games, competed with each other, had missions and just hung out together. At the end, they had them do a pop up restaurant to cook and serve their fans. So much fun!

The actors came from these three dramas:


Love in the Moonlight:
Park Bo Gum, Kim Yoo Jung, Jinyoung, Chae Soo Bin, Kwak Dong Yeon




Itaewon Class:
Park Seo Joon, Ahn Bo Hyun, Kwon Nara, Ryu Kyung Soo, Lee Joo Young






The Sound of Magic:
Ji Chang Wook, Hwang In Yeop, Choi Sung Eun, Kim Bo Yoon, Chi Hae Won





First of all, it was fun seeing the meet up with each other again, some of them years after their drama aired. And then it was fun seeing them interacting with each other, some of them having acted together in other dramas. Some of them were fangirling/boying so hard! In Yeop even said to Chang Wook that he watched his dramas to learn how to do kissing scenes. Chang Wook was so embarrassed! LOL! So much fun!

And then seeing what their personalities are "in real life" (of course we'll never know for certain!) but dang In Yeop is so "cool" in his dramas, but so freaking quiet and shy as himself. And I had no idea how old he is... having so many others calling him Hyung and Oppa was so weird, I feel like he should have been a maknae of the group. (He's like 31 or something.)  Dong Yeon was surprisingly quiet too. I fell so much more in love with those two actors than I even was before. 

And JCW... like.. is he TRULY that adorable all the time? His facial expressions are ALWAYS spot on, and he can portray emotion constantly, just from his face. I am sure some of that is intentional, but it seems so seamless that I feel like he must be a bit like this as his normal self? I am dying to know! He blows me way seriously.

And Bo Gum... dang that boy is cute. And so sweet and nice to everyone.

Getting know Kyung Soo, someone a bit more unfamiliar to me, was fun. I need to look up more of his dramas. And the girls from Itaewon Class are freaking adorable... makes me want to actually watch this one once and for all! (This drama seems a bit ruthless for me, but these actors all really make me want to check it out now.) 

Anyway, the are all so enjoyable and so funny and so... just... cool. I'm sure some of my love of this watching experience stems from my knowledge of their dramas and their normal acting selves, so I don't know what a person with no prior experience with them would think, but truly, you'd all probably die laughing too and then want to go catch up on everything they've done!

Here's a little trailer: 

4 comments:

  1. Fun! They should do this in the US. Did you hear about Itaewon!? It is tragic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes about Itaewon. Megan could have been there with her friends, but choose a kpop concert instead. Her friends are okay physically, but not so much mentally. But yeah, I was looking at twitter when it all was happening and feeling horrified. Tori was just there in July at that exact spot. And we ate one block over when we were there in 2019. It feels weird to feel so closely tied to this tragedy.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a lot of fun. And, Ji Chang Wook?! Yes, please! LOL.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails