Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Characters

 





Today's prompt for Top Ten Tuesday is to list some favorite Bookish Characters. Man, my book list is filled with such characters. Here's ten I thought of: 


My most recent favorite bookish character is A.J. Fikry in The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry. He is a sad, lonely, no-nonsense book store owner. He knows what's good and what's not (in his very not so humble opinion of course!) He is an awesome character and I loved him from the get go. 

The Giver of Stars features a character, Alice Wright, who gets a job riding a horse to deliver books to the mountain folk of Kentucky. It's a powerful story about the importance of having books in your life.

The Starless Sea features an ancient underground library and most intriguing dude who runs it. I forgot his name though. But believe me, he's intriguing.

In the book What I Like About You we have Halle Levitt who writes a YA book blog that matches book covers with cupcakes. I mean it's pretty much the best thing ever. 

In the story about Thistle Tate, in The Undoing of Thistle Tate, we have a best selling 17 year old author. Or do we?

Another favorite bookish character is Eliza in Eliza and Her Monsters. She writes a webtoon that is hugely popular but she keeps her identity hidden. 

One of my favorite characters, Kvothe, from The Name of the Wind is VERY bookish and spends a lot of his time in the library. 

A very cute and fun bookish book is 84, Charring Cross Road which is a collection of letters between a bookseller and his customer. 

A book I haven't though about in a while is The Thirteenth Tale... about a biographer who has been commissioned to write the true story of a reclusive author. 

And finally there's Liesel from The Book Thief. I can't leave her off this list!


Happy Top Ten Tuesday!



7 comments:

  1. Nice list! I love that A book blog that Halle Levitt matches book covers with cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liesel made my list too. I didn't even think of Eliza ... AGAIN! And, The Thirteenth Tale is a good one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liesel was on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/05/10/top-ten-tuesday-367/

    ReplyDelete
  4. 84 Charing Cross Road is a charming book. I just recently read the 13th Tale and loved it. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liesel is a popular choice for this TTT. She probably would have made my list too. A.J. Fikry stole a place in my heart as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfect list, and yes, it really was. TTT had a massive impact on audiences. When all books had published, all o my friends quickly picked on their favorite. "The book thief" is in with my collection in the company of this " Readers Magnet " I read this when I got bored.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails