Saturday, July 23, 2016

Saturday Snapshot: My Summer Vacation

Since we've been on a bit of an adventure the past few weeks I decided I should share some pictures for Saturday Snapshot. If you follow my Instagram you've already seen these pictures. If not then here you go.

First, we went on a family vacation (minus one son and his wife who couldn't get away) to Portland and the Oregon Coast:
Taking a little walk in the woods near Hood River Oregon

Multnomah Falls

A pretty famous book store!

Selfie at the top of an overlook

Sunset on the beach in Netarts

Hiking the coast

Driving the coast

At Devil's Churn, one of my favorite spots

Spending time with a cute baby granddaughter

Finally seeing Crater Lake

Selfie in front of our Airbnb beach house



Then four days after we got back, we drove a trailer full of stuff across the country, helping my daughter and her family move to start their new lives. It was five days straight of driving through seven different states.

Wyoming

Nebraska

Missouri

Missouri

Kansas

Denver Colorado

Mountains of Colorado

Colorado River

Utah desert

Fun times!

16 comments:

  1. Love seeing your pictures again. I'm glad you had a good time even if it was exhausting, especially the 5 days of road trip, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. Looks like you hit all the major spots in Oregon! I love the Pacific Northwest - its beautiful ocean, mountains, and mild weather. I don't envy you your long drive across the west, however.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! I enjoyed your pictures the second time just as much as the first! I really want to go to Oregon now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a trip! I love all your pictures of the Gorge, even though they make me really homesick :( I may be a *tad* biased, but I think the Gorge is the most beautiful place on Earth. Glad you enjoyed your visit to the Motherland :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing all of your pictures!! I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get away for a while, and cover so much distance in the process!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really looks like you guys had a great time. Your granddaughter is adorable, and that sunset on the beach looks beautiful.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun to get most of the family on a vacation. I hope you didn't post the states in order you drove through them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful trip!! I have only seen the southern bit of Oregon (Crater Lake) and would love to explore more of the beautiful state! I'd really like to see Portland which sounds amazing (plus a friend from high school lives there). And how nice to have almost your whole family there together.

    Your roadtrip looks like fun, too - we just love traveling through all the different states and seeing different sights.

    Thanks for sharing your family's adventure!

    Sue

    2016 Big Book Summer Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super holiday. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had an amazing trip! So many stops along the way! Fun, fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to visit Powell's someday- did you get some books?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pictures! Jessica moved far away? How do you feel about that?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved getting to see all your pics on Instagram! Sounds like y'all had a great couple trips.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails