Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Bloggiesta To Do List


Since I'll be posting other things once the actual Bloggiesta starts (the mini challenge list tomorrow, and the starting line link up on Friday!) I thought I'd go ahead and get my to do list down right here right now before things get too crazy and I forget what I wanted to do!

First of all, in case you missed it, Bloggiesta starts this Friday (first thing in the morning whenever that is for you!) and runs all weekend through Sunday night. It's an event where bloggers of all sorts get together and work on their blogs, talking and helping each other out along the way. (Through blog hopping and Twitter.... follow @bloggiesta and #bloggiesta to keep up with the conversations! If you are participating and have a Twitter account... be sure you are on the list here.) You can still sign up here... or you can just post your to do list, and sign up with that link here on Friday when the event starts.

So anyway, here's what I hope to work on during the Bloggiesta weekend:

1. Catch up on review links for Reviews by Title and Reviews by Author pages
2. Clean up labels... again. (Ugh, I think the worst blog task ever!)
3. Ponder my sidebar and what should stay and what should go.
4. Add social media icons. I don't know how! There's a challenge that will help I hope!
5. Figure out if there's something wrong with my LinkedWithin (ask an expert out there!) I think it works.. it just days it days to figure out like things to link to, so I'm not going to worry about it!
6. Clean up Google Reader... again (this is second to the labels in the yuck factor!)
7. Clean up email (is this a blog task? I say yes... close enough.)
8. Make sure all page tabs have up to date links.
9. Comment a lot and make new friends.
10. Complete several challenges and learn something new.
      -- Added my blog to be automatically updated to Twitter.
      -- Experimenting with Windows Live Writer.
      -- Learned about General Status Updates on Goodreads
       ---  I can make stars now for my reviews!
       -- I have commented 20 times... at least (actually much more) for the comment challenge!
11. Update the blog roll.

....and I'm sure there's tons more, but that's a start.

Remember... come back Thursday for a list of Bloggiesta Mini Challenges... the new ones. The past challenges will be listed over at There's a Book. Use them both to learn new things and get a pep talk on the things you may even already know how to do!

Then, come back on Friday to kick off Bloggiesta by linking to your To Do List to let us know you are here and playing.

Also, plan now to participate in at least one of our Twitter Parties! We'll be holding scheduled Bloggiesta Twitter chats during these three times:

Friday night at 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Eastern time (EDT)
Saturday afternoon at 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. Eastern time (EDT)
Sunday morning at 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Eastern time (EDT)

Hopefully this allows most of you to have a chance to join us on Twitter at some point during Bloggiesta. Of course, Twitter connections will be ongoing, but we thought it would be fun to have some scheduled gatherings too.

Break out the chips and salsa! Let's do this thing!

24 comments:

  1. I am not going to even formulate a to-do blog list for fear of driving myself crazy seeing how I cannot dedicate specific time to clean-up my blog. Next year, maybe, I will be able to participate in Bloggiesta.

    I wish you fun and success as the weekend starts and progresses...mostly have fun, Suey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ibeeeg: Ah, I wish you could join in! Maybe just drop in here and there? Yes, hopefully next time will work out better. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sheile: Me either! I'm so anxious to get going!

      Delete
  3. I need to go through my Google Reader too, you just made me remember that! And my labels. Ugh. You're so right, those are some of the worst tasks! :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samantha: Ah the dreaded Reader and labels. My favorite. NOT. Enjoy!

      Delete
  4. I hope you have fun this weekend! I might unofficially join in, but will have to see. I still haven't finished moving my sidebars around from when I got a new template...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kailana: Do unofficially join in! It's allowed! :)

      Delete
  5. I've got a written to-do list that I've been adding to the last few weeks. I'm also looking forward to the mini-challenges.

    Thanks for organising and great idea about the twitter parties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leeswammes: I hope the times for the Twitter parties work for you! At least one or two of them. :)

      Delete
  6. So excited! Even though we are moving this weekend and I have practically no time to spend doing this. And you wouldn't know it from my excessively ambitious list of things to do that I'm creating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa: You are moving again? What's up with that? But yeah, fit in the computer time!

      Delete
  7. So, as I've been preparing for my post for Blogiesta, I've been stumped. I'm not sure what to do as a challenge. I can have people install specific widgets on their blog, but I'm not sure that's a good idea. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni: You could challenge them that if they've been pondering and thinking about it... to go ahead and DO it (add a widget). And/or you could challenge them just to investigate widgets that they might be interested in. I don't know, does that help at all?

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I think it does. I've had everything else worked out for ages, but I was coming up with a blank for the challenge. Thanks!

      Delete
  8. Got my to do list started! Can't participate until later Friday. Looking forward to the fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nise: Later Friday works! I won't be around until Friday afternoon either. But then, I hope to be glued to the computer after that!

      Delete
  9. Ugh! I'm having such a hard time blogging at the moment. I can't muster up the energy to do anything. Please don't hate me if I don't join. I'm not saying I won't, it might be a last second thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny: No worries! Maybe some of the challenges and tutorials will spark some blogging energy for you. If nothing else, just lurk a bit and see what's going on. You can party with us without being "official."

      Delete
  10. I can't wait! Luckily, I'm free tomorrow, so I can spend all my time on my first event ever ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel: Yay! Awesome! It's going to be a blast!

      Delete
  11. Oh, yes, I have tags on my to do list, too (that's the wordpress equivalent to labels). Most tedious task ever. Thanks for making the party times so different, so that the Europeans can join as well once or twice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list! I think I'll add 'Clean My Google Reader' to my list...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just heard about this bloggiesta. I want to join but I think it's too late. I'll definitely look out for this next year and I might just do some tasks on your to-do list. All the best!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails