Friday, October 23, 2009

Readathon Preparation and Plans



Okay, I finally have pictures of book stacks to show for my Readathon plans.
Here's what I MIGHT actually be able to read: short easy book fair books:





Here's what I NEED to read: Library books that are due next week:





Here's a random stack that I COULD read: a new ARC, a borrowed book, some others that are calling to me:




Here's what I WANT to read, but I really should save them, I think (I bought these for Christmas perhaps, but then decided to give them to myself for my birthday, and that's not for a few more weeks yet, so I'm not even supposed to have them out!!!):

Here's what Toto plans to read, and I also plan to read The Wimpy Kid from her stack:




Then there's JJ and Moder. They didn't make a stack. I think JJ will read Along for the Ride from my library pile, and Moder will read The Maze Runner. JJ (age 17) has to take the ACT test in the morning, but then I hope she will read with us during the afternoon. Moder (age 14) says, there's no way he can read all day, but he thinks he may join us for the evening. Toto (age 10) is extremely excited about the whole event and plans to get up with me, and read all day long.

The enthusiastic family, last week just before a hike. JJ, Moder, The Mr, with Toto in front.


Our plan is to start at 6:00 a.m. our time, and read all day, ending around midnight. Then sleeping the last six hours of the 24 hours. We have to go to a church thing at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, but I'm bringing my book! The Mr. will go about his business as usual, but hopefully we can get him to sit and read with us for a bit at some point. He is still in the middle of Drood.


I've got candy to munch on and maybe we'll make Rice Krispie Squares sometime during the day. For real food, it's just going to waffles for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch and pizza for dinner.


We'll start out reading on the living room couch, maybe go downstairs to the new book nook corner during the day, and also outside if the weather stays nice. We'll probably end up on my bed in the evening.


I look forward to seeing how I manage reading and blogging at the same time. I have no idea how people manage that. But I hope to update often, and participate in some mini challenges. Like I said before, it's going to be interesting to see what happens. I don't even know if I'll be able to read all day without going crazy. Hopefully I've thought of all the stuff that needs doing and get that out of the way today.

At any rate, I'm very excited to try! On with the show!!!

11 comments:

  1. That sounds like an awesome read-a-thon. You go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great plan to me, and I love the pictures! :) I don't think I can make it up early after a busy week, but I'll be joining in during the day. See you online tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your piles and that your family is all taking part. That's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I need to post my piles as well. I will definitely not be able to read all day with my two little ones running around, but I'm going to try! It will be fun when my kids get older and can read along with me.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great that you're getting most of your family in on the Read-a-thon action. You've got some very tempting looking books on *all* of your piles.

    Like you, I'm kind of curious about how I'm going to manage to maintain a good balance between the reading and the blogging that will keep me from going all nutty. I think I'm going to go easy on myself and do whatever seems the most fun at any given time.

    Happy reading! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stacks are absolutely delectable!!! Have a great time. I'm looking forward to reading any of your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome books to choose from. Good luck with your fun plans for the read a thon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's great that you're family is involved, too. My daughter and I will be reading together at Serena's house. That Wimpy kid book is in my stack, too.

    Have fun!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a lot of fun is in store! A family affair is a great idea. :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your different stacks. I finally broke down and made a list of books I HAVE to read by the end of the year. So, all of mine come from that pile for me. I'll be tuning in to see what you decide to read. You've got some great choices in there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have some amazing books in your pile!

    I think it is great that the family is involved in this activity. Alas, I will participating solo at my house, but that's ok.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails