Friday, May 18, 2012

Pinterest Challenge Update: Cowgirl Cookies


So I had hopes to do more this week on the Pin It Do It Challenge than just the one project, but there was no time for quilting, which was the other project I've been working on. Maybe this weekend?

Source: bakerella.com via Suey on Pinterest


Anyway, I did the Cowgirl Cookie gift jars for little Mother's Day presents. Here's the link to the original post complete with instructions.

These look easy, do they not? But I had issues. I did two of them and had one wide mouth jar and one regular. Well, I ran out of room! Even though I was packing it as tight as I could as per the instructions! In the wide mouth jar, I managed to squeeze in the last sugar layer... barely! (No room at all for the pecans!) But there was no hope for the other one as you can see here:

Needed to fit in a half cup white sugar,
and all that was left was the brim.


So I dumped it out, found another wide mouth jar, and started over again. What a pain. Anyway, in the end they turned out pretty cute, don't you think? Well, at least I think so. Not sure what the moms thought when they got them. It was sort of a luke warm reaction. Oh, well.


I did make the cookies too... and they were YUMMY! Forgot to take a picture though.

Oh, and P.S..... if you want different colors of M and M's on off season... Zurchers has them! (Is Zurchers a Utah place or country wide? I've no idea!) But they are expensive! Sheesh.

I was going to make something for book club from Pinterest, but ended up going with good old standbys.

I'll be back next week to let you know if and/or what I manage to fit in this week crafty-wise!


3 comments:

  1. These are cute! I wouldn't have been lukewarm to receive them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! I'll have to remember this for Christmas neighbor gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wondered about these cookie jars as well as the jars for pancake mix, etc. I wonder how long the ingredients stay good for? I definitely think they are cute and I love the idea of homemade goodies as well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails