Well, only five books read this past month of April. Not sure why..... they weren't big or hard or anything. At this rate, the 100 book a year goal is totally silly. Time to pick it up!
Here's what I managed:
Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta: Froi is given a task to accomplish which takes a crazy twist and he ends up learning much more about himself than he ever would have imagined.
Return to Exile by E.J. Patten: Sky battles monsters in order to save his uncle and his parents.
The House at Tyneford by Natasha Solomons: Elise goes to work as a domestic servant in England during WWII and falls in love.
Supernaturally by Kiersten White: Evie meets a new friend and ends up working for the IPCA again even though she'd really rather not.
Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson: Every morning when she wakes up, Christine cannot remember her life or the people in it so she starts a journal to help her and then, oh boy... the things she learns!
Watership Down by Richard Adams: after reading about 130 pages, I gave up. :(
Actually in looking back at my goals for this month, I nearly accomplished them! So, maybe it wasn't all bad after all. Favorites of this month are Froi and The House at Tyneford, hands down, I loved them both.
Plans for May:
- Finally read A Wise Man's Fear, which I have started... one chapter in!
- Finish Precious Bane for book club, currently half way done on this one. Interesting so far.
- catch up on some challenges... a classic, a classic retelling and maybe an Odd Thomas
- maybe a Cassandra Clare book
- Insurgent, Delusions and Pandemonium..... all would be nice.
The month is wide open! I expect good things! I expect to knock off a bunch from the TBR pile! Here's hoping!