Thursday, May 31, 2012

May Reading Recap


Sheesh, I almost don't even want to bother with the recap post today, but then I wouldn't be able to look back years from now and remember just when my reading level started its downward spiral! Even with the 1000 page book, I can do better than this! And I even got a Kindle this month for heavens sake! That means my reading numbers should increase, right? Gah.

I read these four books this month. One was 1000 pages, yes, but the others were wimpy small things, so there's really no excuse for not doing more.



Precious Bane by Mary Webb: Prue Sarn struggles to fit into society and at the same time save her family and farm.

The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss: Kvothe continues to learn and grow in his skills and wisdom both at school and off on his many adventures.

Black Heart by Holly Black: Cassel is torn between using his magic to help the government or join in with the underground crime scene.

Destined by Aprilynne Pike: Laurel and her friends fight in the final battle to save Avalon.

The Wise Man's Fear is my favorite from this list, with Precious Bane coming in second.


Plans for June:

  • finish the Robin Hood classic
  • finish Code Name Verity, which I've got a good start on currently
  • read Ready Player One before it's due at the library
  • read About a Boy for book club
  • finish Anna Dressed in Blood
  • at the rate I'm going that'll be all I can handle!
How did your reading month go?





4 comments:

  1. I'm planning on getting Ready Player One audio back from the library in June and finishing it. Wil Wheaton does a great job with the narration.

    I have Wise Man's Fear staring at me impatiently from the shelf, but there are so many books piling up.

    May has been a really good month. I think it is my best month this year purely on number of books completed.

    In addition to the second book in the Mistborn series, I'm hoping to get through Angelmaker by Nick Harkaway, The Drowned Cities by Paolo Bacigalupi, Redshirts by John Scalzi. June is looking really good actually!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you finished Wise Man's Fear. I still haven't managed that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone has a month where they just don't read as much as usual, don't get yourself down :D Your June plans sound like a target, hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy About A Boy, I read it a few years ago and, along with Nick Hornby's other early novels, I really enjoyed it. In fact I was disappointed when I saw the film as the two are quite different!

    I was in a bit of a reading slump last month, so I can sympathise. Hope you get back into things!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails