Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books to Movies


Often when I'm reading a book I'll think, wow! This would make SUCH a good movie! Now that The Broke and the Bookish are asking for a list of just such desires, I can't think of which ones I've recently thought that about. So, I've looked over some of my favorite books, thinking about them with regard to movies, and here's what I've come up with:

Top Ten Books I Wish Would Become a Movie

1. Pope Joan...I heard once this was going to be a movie, but I've never seen anything more about it
2. Katherine by Anya Seton.... epic love story on the screen!
3. The Shadow of the Wind... I think this would an awesome movie mixing the bookish fanaticism, the love story and the horror all in one!
4. The Historian... let's see some REAL vampire stuff and maybe learn something too
5. Partials... here's a more recent read that I think would make a fun movie
6. The Name of the Wind... we know from the Game of Thrones success that people love watching epic fantasies come to life
7. The Night Circus... I think this would make a beautiful movie

And some that ARE being made movies:

8. Ender's Game
9. The Book Thief
10. Life of Pi

All that being said, having a favorite book be turned into a movie is a scary scary thing. And those three listed right above? Ah, I'm so nervous. Please people, do a good job with them!

What books would you like to see as a movie? Does it make you nervous when it actually DOES become one?

17 comments:

  1. The life of pi is being made into a movie?! That should be entertaining. I wonder what take they'll do on the "twist".

    ReplyDelete
  2. The life of pi is being made into a movie?! That should be entertaining. I wonder what take they'll do on the "twist".

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't even know how excited I am about Ender's Game and if they haven't changed anything it will be also meshed with Ender's Shadow, I've wanted that to be a movie for SO long. And The Night Circus could be amazing! Love your list

    marissa
    http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love Shadow of the Wind to be made into a movie, but I would be soooo concerned that they couldn't give it justice ... just like your concerns for the other books mentioned. Which, by the way, I REALLY need to read The Book Thief!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see The Name of the Wind and The Night Circus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious about Life of Pi too - not sure how exactly you can make a movie out of that... So excited about Ender's Game though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew Ender's Game was being made, but I didn't know about The Book Thief and The Life of Pi. The Book Thief will be an intense and sad movie!! The Life of Pi will be interesting to see in movie format.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Book Thief is being made into a movie? Awesome! I think that would make a really interesting movie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Know this Much is True! I would LOVE for that to be made into a movie. It would be so so good.

    Another one I would say is Too Close to Home by Linwood Barclay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you've read NOTW!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait for the Life of Pi. I've seen some photos of the production online. Beautiful. Great list.
    Angela @ AJ Arndt Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pope Joan was made into a movie a couple of years ago. You can see the trailer here

    I would love to see a movie of Shadow of the Wind, and can't wait to see The Book Thief. Lots of good choices here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Having favorite books turned into movies IS a scary thing ... I always think that chances are good they'll screw it up. I know I felt that way about much of the Harry Potter movies and about the Percy Jackson movie :/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katherine by Anya Seaton would be a great costume drama. I'd love to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a lovely idea to contemplate. There are so many books I would love to see, but, as you say, it's a scary prospect too. Sometimes the ruin a book! I'm particularly scared about THE BOOK THIEF.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't know that The Book Thief was coming to the theater, did I? Surely you've already told us that should I should know, right? I think The Historian should be an HBO mini-series so there would be time to do it justice.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails