Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: My Author Amazing Race!


Today's Top Ten list provided by The Broke and the Bookish is quite the unique one! The question is, what authors would you like to see in a reality show and which show? Well now. How to answer THAT?

So I've decided to send some of my favorite authors on an Amazing Race. Of course, they are going to have to go to bookish/literary places like:

Bath and London, England,
Concord, Massachusetts
Monterrey, California
Prince Edward Island, Canada
The Congo, Africa
Greece and Rome
Dublin, Ireland
China
Molokai, Hawaii

...just to name a few! (Let's face it, there's a literary tie to pretty much anywhere, is there not?)

As for the teams themselves?  Here's what I've come up with:

Team 1: John and Hank Green
Team 2: Scott Westerfeld and Justine Larbalestier
Team 3: Maureen Johnson and Stephanie Perkins
Team 4: Shannon Hale and Libba Bray
Team 5: Markus Zusak and Melina Marchetta
Team 6: J. Scott Savage and James Dashner
Team 7: Dan and Rob Wells
Team 8: Brandon Sanderson and Patrick Rothfuss
Team 9: Kiersten White and Aprilynne Pike
Team 10: Bill Bryson and Michael Perry


I was going to think of funny nicknames for them all, as per Amazing Race tradition, but the only one I really liked was the Awesome Aussies. I'm thinking you know which team I'm referring to here! Hopefully it's not too awkward that I matched up Markus and Melina (oh, cool twin names, yes?) but I think they'll handle it!

And now, let's get this race started!

Mark, get set, GO!!!


11 comments:

  1. That would be interesting! I would so watch that season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen The Amazing Race before but I would totally watch this season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your choices and I like that you're having them all on Amazing Race. That would be a season I'd definitely watch! But, it would be so hard to root for just one team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would totally watch this! Someone make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your match-ups had me giggling. Oh the drama!

    Team Awesome Aussies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I've never actually watched the Amazing Race, but I'd watch that season! Great choices!

    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't watch The Amazing Race, but I would definitely check this season out. I think I would have to root for John Green or Stephanie Perkins.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/top-ten-tuesday-24-book-friendships.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun idea! I love those team matchups - especially those Awesome Aussies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Libba Bray and Shannon Hale would be EPIC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea. Hank and John would make the perfect Amazing Race team!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails