My goals aren't really anything earth-shattering or challenging or huge. But since it's the prompt over at The Broke and the Bookish today I'm thinking I'll go ahead and list them for you!
Top Ten Bookish/Bloggish Goals
1. Host some more read alongs. Not sure of the book (or books) yet, that will be a spontaneous spur of the moment thing as they usually are. I'll let you know when it (they) pop (s) up!
2. Stop neglecting The Classics Club. Dang, but I failed on that last year. Why why why is it so hard when I want so bad to read them? I don't get it. New shiny books I guess. I blame them. If only everyone would stop publishing just for a bit, so we can all catch up!
3. Comment more. This seems to be getting harder and harder these days. I read blogs on my phone, but can't stand using it to comment. I need to set aside dedicated comment time and just do it.
4. Participate in Letter Month again in February. I'm going to be a stressed out basket case that whole month, but maybe writing letters will calm me. By the way, I just signed up to write and receive letters over at The Estella Society today. You should too! Check out the details here.
5. Go to some conferences. I'm in the habit of the one (LTUE) but I plan to add to that this year. And hopefully ComicCon too.
6. Write. And start a writing group to help with that goal. I don't think it'll happen otherwise. There's three of us interested at this point. Anyone else want to join us? My plan is to hopefully meet in person once a month and have lots, like LOTS of online interaction in between. That's in addition to attending other events together. Anyone?
7. Last year I said I was going to work on The Wheel of Time again. Then I promptly forgot all about it. Maybe I can try again this year?
8. I hereby commit to reading 90 books next year! (See Goodreads for confirmation.)
10. Keep having fun. Seriously. Everyone seems to be stressing out about blogging and reading these days. Why? Just...you know, have fun! And I plan to follow this advice, because I know, in fact I can guarantee that during this year, I will be wondering about what is fun and what is not. And dang it, this reading blogging thing better be one of the things that stays fun.
What are your bookish goals this year? Do we sure any of the same? Can we cheer each other on?