Genre: SiFi Adventure
Starring: Robert Downey Jr, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, and tons more!
MY Rating: Two thumbs up
We got to go to this yesterday with my husband's work group as a celebration for a deadline they made... or something. But that was cool! I figured I'd get to it eventually, but not on opening day!
So, as you may (or may not) know, this movie was a sort of mash up of several other movies based on Marvel comic characters. (I'm not Marvel comic savvy, but I'm guessing there are comics of The Avengers? Someone? Yes? So the mash up idea is not a movie industry creation? I'm not sure.) Anyway, in this one, they all come together to save the world from Loki, the bad guy from Thor. Let the special effects, the fights, the explosions and the one-liners begin!!
My random thoughts:
- My favorite parts were for sure the interaction between the heroes themselves. Such funny stuff! How they tried to get along... or not.... and how they played off each others strengths and weaknesses. It was great fun.
- There were plot bits that were a little hard to follow, but I always find this is the case with me and these types of movies. I figure, though, that the story itself isn't really the important part, but it's about the action. Yes?
- I really love Loki! Dang, what is it about him? He's one of those sympathetic villains to me. You know, the ones you feel quite sorry for? The ones you kinda want to help? Anyone else feel this way?
- Usually I notice the music, as you should know by now if you read stuff here, but I didn't notice the music this time. What does that mean? Probably because....
- ......this movie is FULL of crazy awesome action! Lots of fighting, and not just bad guys and heroes, but heroes against heroes.
- I didn't realize The Hulk was so, so, so scary! I never did see this movie, but am very familiar with the old TV show which I loved. Was he that scary then? Can't remember.
- I did find that it was nice to be familiar with all the other movies and to know the back stories of these guys. They referred to that quite a lot.
- And who was that bow and arrow dude? Coolness. Hawkeye I'm told and I've never heard of him. Let's have his movie please!
- One more thing... just a LITTLE romance? Hello.
1. Iron Man (it goes without saying!)2. Thor (I love how he talks!)
3. Captain America (his old fashion-ness is endearing.)
4. Hawkeye (but he may move up once I get to know him!)
5. Black Widow (you go girl!)
6. The Hulk (though I quite enjoyed Dr. Banner)
Did I get them all? Who's your favorite Avenger?
Bottom line: I really enjoyed this movie! It's a blast and funny and crazy and all the good superhero stuff we love.
Have you seen it? What'd you think?
Speaking of superheroes... I'm really quite excited about the new Spiderman... and I know I know... the others are still quite recent but still, I can't help it. It looks awesome. And then there's Batman coming up and he's my favorite one of all. Yay for the summer superhero movies!
Trailer for The Avengers: