Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Who's Your Author Rock Star?

Yesterday, I was asked this very question while I was working at the library. The guy in charge of programming is making a list of potential author appearances, and he basically said, if money is no matter, who would you want to see come? Yes, who is your author rock star?

Well, of course, if you've been reading here awhile, you know the answer I have to that question, though since he came just awhile back, my guess is he's not coming back anytime soon. :( (Just in case you are new reader, click here to find out who my rock star author is.) Except I know he has plans for Chicago, luckies.

So putting him aside for now, here are some others I suggested:

Suzanne Collins
Patrick Ness
Jeff Kinney
Neal Shusterman
Daniel Handler
Judy Blume
Melina Marchetta
Stephanie Perkins
John Green
Cassandra Clare


You may be surprised by a few on that list, but I was trying to keep in mind who would have a general wide spread rock star appeal, though a few of my personal rock stars did manage crept in. Also, I was not including of any of our local rock star authors such as Brandon Mull, Shannon Hale and Brandon Sanderson.

I'll be sure and let you know if we do manage to snag a real rock star author for a future event!

But it made me wonder how YOU would answer this question. If you could get anyone to come for an author event, who would it be? Who would you absolutely FREAK about, and stand in line hours for, then scream and jump for joy for when they walk into the room?

Who is YOUR author rock star?


20 comments:

  1. If money was no object, I think I would have told the guy a few authors that is almost impossible to get. Like J.K. Rowley, Suzanne Collins, etc. As for my Rock Star author, I don't know if I have one. I love meeting authors, but I'm not usually star struck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami: I totally forgot to mention J.K! :) And, I'm thinking we need to figure out who you would freak over. There's got to be SOMEBODY you would be star struck for!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, how did I not know about the Chicago thing? You know I love Zusak, but I'd have to say Green and Neil Gaiman are my rockstar authors. I've had a chance to see both of them speak and they were both amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa: Will you be able to go to the Chicago thing? If so, I'll expect a massive detailed report! Regarding Neil Gaiman.... he totally has the rock star look going on and everything! :)

      Delete
  3. What a great question - I would say Kristin Hannah, Dan Wells, Michelle Zink and Lisa Genova.

    I can see Suzanne Collins for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marce: One of your rock stars is Dan Wells? Cool! I will feel lucky that I get to see him often. (Until he moves to Germany that is.)

      Delete
    2. You have to tell him he has a rock star fan all the way in Bermuda. Loved his I am not a serial killer trilogy, a favourite.

      Delete
  4. Judy Blume would be on my list too, I loved her books so much growing up! And Stephanie Perkins, because she just seems awesome, and I love her writing. :)

    Aside from them, the three authors I would most definitely be starstruck on meeting are Philip Roth, Margaret Atwood and Armistead Maupin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smallgirl: Great list! I would love to see those guys too!

      Delete
  5. I love that you included Suzanne Collins, Stephanie Perkins, and Cassandra Clare on your list. I'd love to meet them.

    I'd add JK Rowling and Kristin Cashore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni: I bet some of these will come here before long...

      Delete
  6. Neal Shusterman would be on my list too. I hate that he did come but it was for that weird conference. :( I'd also freak over Kate Griffin. I think you probably already knew that, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neil Gaiman is totally my author rock star! I would also melt into a fangirly puddle to meet Jennifer Estep or Dean Koontz. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexia: I don't know this Jennifer.... but the other two I could understand!

      Delete
  8. GREAT picks. I love every author on your list (well, okay, I haven't read John Green or Stephanie Perkins). Still, fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan: You should really add those to your read soon list. :)

      Delete
  9. Margaret Atwood and Anne Tyler! Squeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. For me that would be Thrity Umrigar (whose work I love) and Ken Follet (whose work I haven't but I'm so impressed by what I've heard).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails