Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Book Review: Island Affair by Priscilla Oliveras

Book: Island Affair by Priscilla Oliveras

Genre: romance

Rating: ★ ★ 


When I went to a writing conference back in May, I found at that one of the visiting authors there was a friend of my kpop author friend. So on a whim, I bought her book and talked to a her a bit at the signing, dropping my friend's name and making all the connections. Very fun!

Anyway, this is a pure romance book and I haven't read something like this in a long time! It was fun and a perfect summer read! Location and subject both!

This takes place in Key West, and is about a girl who goes on vacation there and is hoping her boyfriend will join her so she can present him to her family. But he doesn't show, so she asks this random dude at the airport to stand in for the week as her boyfriend. Because...reasons. 

So yes, it is a the fake boyfriend trope... and also forced habitation trope (because he ends up staying with them in the airbnb in order to keep up the story!) Two awesome tropes!

In the process of truly falling for each other, they find out they both have back story issues that need resolving and so they help each other figure that stuff out too. 

It was totally fun and I thoroughly enjoyed it! And now I need to go to Key West!


2 comments:

  1. I have this on my TBR. I read one of the author's story in an anthology once. Terrific review, Suey

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds like fun. I'm going to put it on my TBR. I'm really into reading fluffy (and a bit steamy) romances. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails