Sunday, September 11, 2022

Kdrama Review: Dear.M

Drama: Dear.M (on Viki)

Genre: rom com

Starring: Park HyesuJeong JaehyunRoh Jeongeui and Bae Hyunsung, Lee Jinhyuk

Rating: ❤ ❤ ❤


Everyone was excited about this one because Jaehyun, kpop star in NCT 127, is in it. It got delayed for some reason or another (a scandal with the original co-star or something?) but it finally aired this past summer so I jumped on in and watched it while it was airing! 

It's a cute college drama about a group of friends and roommates who are intrigued by a mysterious letter that's posted on the campus forum talking about how this person is in love with someone. They are all trying to figure out who it is and end up assuming it's one of them. 

We have all the fun different romances in this one. Our main couple have been best friends forever, but the dude is suddenly realizing he likes the girl more than just a friend. Meanwhile, she is intrigued by some hot new guy in school. Another couple has been together forever (they are the campus couple) but they start having struggles when another girl comes in on the scene and obnoxiously causes problems trying to creating a rift between them so she can steal the dude. Not cool. 

And then we have the quirky comic relief roommates... our lovely dude (one of my favorite kpop guys and in fact the one dude I've met in real life and had taken a picture with!) who has OCD about cleanliness and a girl who has diabetes to deal with, but a fun and crazy personality that you'd THINK would clash with the OCD dude. LOL!

Anyway. It's all of their stories with the bottom line mystery of whoever wrote the letter. It was your basic fun romcom with all the expected angst. I totally enjoyed it. I know some other kdrama fans found it annoying. But I found it all worth it to watch both these kpop boys doing their acting! 

There's one moment when someone is trying to get Jaehyun's character to sing a song and he is all "I don't do ballads." I died, because this dude and ballads in real life are perfection. Seriously.  

But yeah. This one is simple basic fun!


A trailer highlighting our lead couple:

 

 A trailer highlighting my boy the OCD dude:

   

 And a song from the drama with Jaehyun and his co-star actually doing the singing. This is him "not singing ballads" lol!

 

1 comment:

  1. This one sounds like one I'd enjoy. I'm just not watching anything these days that takes work. So, no subtitles for me. My brain is too fried from everything going on. Someday, I'll watch other drama, lol.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails