Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Podcasts Anyone?


Lately, I've been discovering the fun of podcasts. I finally got my own Ipod for Christmas, and so this has really made me want to discover the cool podcasts that are out there. (I know you don't need an Ipod for podcasts, but it is nice if you want to veg on the bed while listening, or work on a project away from the computer while listening, or hook the Ipod up to the car while listening, etc.)


So anyway, one of the podcasts I discovered a couple of months ago is called Writing Excuses. It's a discussion between author Brandon Sanderson, and a couple of his buddies, on writing science fiction and fantasy. Now, there's no way I'll ever be writing such a book (at least that I know of), but still, I love learning about the process and feeling like I'm in on their funny, clever and to-the-point discussions. Great stuff!


Also, I've been enjoying the Itunes "Meet the Author" podcast and have listened to James Patterson, George RR Martin, and Alan Alda so far.


I just discovered one that looks fun where these two crazy ladies talk about the Twilight books. I haven't listened yet, it's waiting there for me to have time. But it looks very fun!


Also, all of Oprah's "The New Earth" classes are in podcast form, so I'm tempted to give those a try and see what all the fuss is about.


Anyway, I'm always on the lookout for a fun, cool podcast to listen too, so if you have a suggestion, let me know!


2 comments:

  1. Cool, podcasts.
    Have you listened to The Vinyl Cafe on CBC? very funny. Stuart MacLean hosts.
    The first time I heard Morley and Dave on the radio I didnt' know what was going on, but it's stories about this family and they are very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an area I have yet to get into...but your post has me wondering...should I? Could I?

    Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails