Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Pre-Challenge Fun: A Classics Meme



Trish, who's hosting the Classics Challenge, has come up with this meme to get us exited for her challenge. And even though I'm lousy at challenges, I think I'll try this one and get some classics read since I've been really neglecting them lately!


1. My favorite classic is: sheesh there's so many and I can't list just one! Great Expectations, Pride and Prejudice, A Woman in White, The Count of Monte Cristo....


2. The classic I had the toughest time finishing is Crime and Punishment... one I read back in high school. It was a tough one. But then, I ended up using it for all the essays I wrote that year. You can use that book to answer any question!


3. I would recommend A Woman in White by Wilkie Collins to someone who doesn't read a lot of classics or who doesn't generally like classics because it's different, it's funny, it's suspenseful, it's witty... and it would introduce them to one of my favorites but less well-known classic authors: Wilkie Collins.


4. To me, a classic book is a book that stands the test of time. A book that is just as good now as it was then... maybe even better now. A book that people will never get sick of.


5. The type of relationship I have with classics is I love them! I find it easy to get into the rhythm of the older style language. They are some of my favorite books. I miss them. I need to read more of them.

2 comments:

  1. Yay - I'm glad you need more classics! :) I really enjoyed Great Expectations as well, although the first time around I didn't like it quite as well. I haven't read Woman in White, but I read Collins' The Moonstone a couple years ago and really enjoyed it. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Crime and Punishment yet. I must try and tackle it ...one day! ;0)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails