Thursday, November 1, 2007

October Recap

Here's what I managed to read this month. Mostly YA books still, only two "big kid" books! Only one for a challenge, and one for a book club. Sheesh. These YA books have grabbed me big time.

Criss Cross by Lynne Rae Perkins: Newbery Award Winner, I loved it!
Diary of a Whimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney: all the rage these days... very popular with the kids.
Paint the Wind by Pam Munoz Ryan: another great story by a great author.
The Ninth Key by Meg Cabot: the 2nd in the Mediator series.
Things Not Seen by Andrew Clements: a boy wakes up invisable, then falls in love with a blind girl.
Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli: Stargirls story continues.
Reunion by Meg Cabot: the 3rd in the Mediator series.
A Crack in the Line by Michael Lawrence: another YA series that I stumbled upon and am now hooked to!
Darkest Hour by Meg Cabot: the 4th in the Mediator series
Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell: great classic saga about relationships
Evening Class by Maueve Binchy: another fun Binchy book.


My favorites of the month? Hard to say. Wives and Daughers for sure. Out of the YA books, I really liked Things Not Seen, A Crack in the Line, and Criss Cross. But they really are all good.

On to November!!

3 comments:

  1. Why the focus on YA books this month? Any particular reason?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It started with reading a bunch to be ready for the Book Fair. Then I have my ongoing thing with Meg Cabot books, and then my daughter keeps bringing books home from the library that I just have to "hurry and read" before they have to go back.

    I still have quite the stack by my bed to get through. It's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have equally high stacks of must reads on my shelves i'm sure

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails