Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Book Chit-chatting!


In the mood for a little random chit-chat today!


First off, the other day I finished Extras, the fourth (I have no idea if it’s the final or not) book in the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld. A fabulous series that, though set in the future, makes an amazing commentary on our current lives. The latest book has us hanging out with a whole new character, Aya, as she is dealing with society’s newest obsession, "kicking" the best stories on their "feeds" (think blogs or Youtube Channels!) and aiming to get the most hits and be the most famous. In the process of getting her story, she stumbles upon some interesting things, and soon, Tally and her group from the previous three books, shows up to get involved! Of course I liked it a lot. These books are great!

Second, I’m finding myself totally fascinated with yet another series called The Withern Rise Series by Michael Lawrence. I’m nearly done with book #2 and am amazed by the plot line. This series is perfect if you love time traveling, and if you think it’d be cool to think of time and space in a whole new way! Be prepared for your brain to spin! It’s great and I think I’ve found yet another author to search out and read more from him!

And if that’s not enough, for one of my book clubs, we are reading a book that gives the Pride and Prejudice story, but from Mr. Darcy’s point of view. It took me a bit to get into the flow of this one (the author is almost over the top with trying to keep to a "Jane Austen" style) but now that I am (in the flow) I’m totally loving it and even though I know how the story all ends, I’m dying to read how this version of Mr. Darcy handles it all! Of course, this book An Assembly Such as This (by Pamela Aiden)... is only the first in a trilogy, so the story won’t end until I read all three! ARGGHHH!

Books sitting nearby waiting their turn:
The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley
A Writer’s Life by Annie Dillard
Haunted... continuing on with Meg Cabot’s Mediator series
a pile of "Something About Me Challenge" books that I thought I’d get to, but now I’m wondering if I will or now

.... and now you know why it makes me crazy if I hear someone say, "There’s nothing to read!"

4 comments:

  1. First of all, thanks for the comment on my Twilight post. I couldn't believe how hard it was not to spoil everything!! I am absolutely in the obsessed club! lol
    Second, I can't stand it when my mom tells me..."I'm going to have to go to the bookstore tomorrow, I've read all my books and I need something to read." I have a ton of books all in one bookshelf, on the floor beside the bookshelf, on top of each other in the bookshelf.....I think it's amazing when she doesn't have a single book laying around that she could read! I'm interested in starting the Uglies series. I have heard some mixed reviews, but you've got me pumped! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had Uglies by Scott Westerfeld on my book list for some time now, but can't find the time to read it - ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Uglies series sounds interesting! I haven't read many book series and this sounds an interesting one to start with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool thanks for your review of Extra's. I've just finished reading specials and was so sad that it was over..... I'm going to the bookstore first thing tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails