Thursday, May 31, 2007

Mini Reviews for Katherine and School's Out Forever

I've managed to finish two books in the last two days!


First, over the weekend, I read the 2nd book of the Maximum Ride trilogy, School's Out Forever by James Patterson. I must say, I'm hooked! I love these characters and I'm anxious to find out what finally happens to them. The third book just came out and I'm on hold at the library. I'll probaby buy it when it gets to paper book though. These first two I'm going to make my kids read. I think they'll have fun with them too.


These books are about six kids who have been genetically altered so they can fly, along with many other super powers. They are trying to escape the bad guys and trying to find out who their real parents are. Meanwhile, Max, the leader, has a voice in her head that keeps telling her that she has to save the world. What's up with that? She doesn't know yet!!! One of the kids even has a blog and while reading it you forget these are just fictional characters. Very fun.


Then, I finished Katherine by Anya Seton, one of my all time favorite books. Yes, this was a re-read for me for the Historical Fiction Yahoo group. I'm not that much into re-reading, but this one I've really been looking forward to since it's been a long time since I read it. Did it measure up to my memory? YES! I loved it just as much again. What a fascinating story this is about Katherine and John of Gaunt (son of King Edward, brother to the Black Prince Edward) during the late 1300's in England. Their son was Henry IV through which all the Henry's came, including Henry VIII.

2 comments:

  1. Katherine is on my TBR challenge list. I've had it for years and years and haven't gotten around to it. I can't even remember why I bought it! This makes me want to read it sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Katherine and plan on rereading it at some point.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails