Friday, January 7, 2022

To Blog or Not to Blog



It's quite apparent that I'm struggling keeping up on the blogging lately. For years now I've wondered about trying to keep going. I'm not very motivated to hang out here these days, the connection isn't here anymore. I feel like a party started somewhere else and I wasn't invited. So I'm not sure if I need to just move on, or figure out what the new thing is. 

But when I imagine quitting, I feel like I'd be so lost without it! It's been part of  my life for so long... like... I really truly don't think I could actually do it! 

And thus the conundrum as they. 

In my fantasy world, this is what I would hope for regarding blogs and writing:

  • keep reviewing books and dramas here, and at the same time figure out how to reconnect with the blog blogging world (and kdrama world for that matter.) Whether that's here or Instagram or MDL or where ever. (TikTok? Please say it isn't so!)
  • start actually blogging on my kpop site...another place no one goes! But that thought makes me feel so very snarky about all the stuff I could go on about without fear! LOL!
  • spend most of my writing time actually writing books... finish the ones I've started and find a way to share them, and find a place to share that journey, whether it's here or an actual author site (something I created once upon a time, but has since lapsed)
Can I keep up on THREE blogs?

Highly unlikely. But we know that everyone likes their categories separated out! Even though for a me good mash up of kpop/kdrama, books and writing sounds quite heavenly. 

Then add the YouTubing (another place I struggle with what to do or not to do) and then you have a glimpse into my crazy mind.  

Anyway. That's my wish and dream. Stuff I think about at night. 

So... what to do? 

9 comments:

  1. I don't think you need to do three blogs unless you really want to. I'd still read your blog if you posted about all three subjects, but that's just me. I guess you have to see what others think too. I hope you don't stop. I'd be sad. :(

    I think if you want the connection, you have to be willing to comment on other people's blogs too. That's what I've been finding. I started reblogging on December 30ish and I've gotten a lot of comments just because I've reached out to old blogging contacts and reconnected with them. I also joined in a couple of events and reached out to some of the other participants and that's helped too. I comment on other people's blogs every single day or every other day. I also return the favor when someone comments on my blog. If you really want to connect with people, you can. It just takes effort and time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. I want to read more from bloggers even if it's not about book. I've also realized that it's important to reach out and blog hop.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I guess I should look at it as if I am totally starting over in the community, just like in the beginning 15 years ago! Wow!

      Delete
  2. I hear what you're going through. I had three blogs for a long time but now it is pretty much just one. I was surprised this past year that I lost interest in keeping my garden blog going- because very few people ever commented there. I do make more of an effort to read other book blogs and communicate with them, so the attention reciprocates. It's hard to keep up with sometimes, though. Whatever space you decide to continue with, I hope you find it fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do think I'd go crazy without it, even if I have a struggle keeping it up these days.

      Delete
  3. I would miss you blog. . . a lot, like a lot a lot, but ultimately you need to do what is best for you. Maybe ask yourself why you blog?

    Personally, I recommend have one blog and write about whatever the crap you want. It is your blog! I would be interested in all/most of your posts, and I will try to comment and connect with you.

    I also agree with Jenni, it takes effort to be in the blogging community. You have to read blogs and comment to get readers and comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried writing all the crap and that's when I started losing readers! AH! Anyway. Maybe I will write more random stuff here. I don't know. We'll see! Glad you enjoy the blog at any rate, whatever it is I post...

      Delete
  4. I don't think you have to keep three blogs or even a youtube channel. I like a blog that is make up of many things. I did once have separated blogs but I couldn't keep them up plus it felt like work so having one blog is the best route for me.

    Like you, I can't seem to quit blogging even though it seems like everyone is elsewhere and I'm not where everyone is. I guess in this age, it's harder to keep readers coming since most rather stick with social media even though blogging is a form of social media.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, it's very interesting this shift that's happened. But I guess the point is to just roll with it and figure it all out... Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails