Monday, January 24, 2022

"Old" Blogger Shout Out! #BookBloggerSupport22




The task for the Support Book Bloggers Challenge this month is:

FIND 10 BOOK BLOGGERS YOU’VE ENJOYED READING IN THE PAST AND GIVE THEM A SHOUT OUT


I mentioned Susan (from Bloggin' 'bout Books) when I first posted my plan to do this challenge... one of my all time favorite bloggers and someone I've even met IRL, even if it has been YEARS since that happened! She is so inspiring to me with how much she reads and all the smart reviews she posts. Amazing.

So who else have I followed these many years?

Jenni Elyse of course! She is the one who has especially been encouraging me to keep this blog going despite my wariness that I have any sustainability here. Thank you! She is just generally inspiring in her tenacity to push through some really rough life issues and I am here to cheer her on with that!

Kami from Kami's Library Thoughts also recently started to get her blog up and running again. She is the one who reads more books than anyone else I know. Crazy cool! And have I said lately that I am still just a bit excited they she is willing to give kdramas a chance these days. Oh my word....

Tif from Tif Talks Books is one of my favorite bloggers from over the years. We've had a connection with the desire to do the writing thing and I need to re-connect with her to see how that's going! 

Ang from Eastern Sunset Reads is another long time blogging buddy. Looks like she is still at it too. And oh, I remember that she also reads A TON of books! 

Serena at Savy Verse and Wit... my poetic blogging buddy! From so so many years back! Wow, this is like a trip down memory lane! I feel like it was all from another life for sure. Serena is always hyping up poetry and writing poetry and I love it!

Lisa at Lit and Life is another blogger I've loved reading over the years. And it looks like she has kept it up. Way to go! I will be reconnecting here for sure.

Another favorite blogger over the years has been Angie from Angieville. Looks like she is still around, but not posting a lot. I hope all is well with her! We had such fun back in the day!

Jeane from Dogear Diary is one of the bloggers that has still commented on my random posts over the past few years of struggling! Thank you for that Jeane! And I'm realizing for some reason you aren't in my blogroll which I will fix now! And hopefully that also means I will comment on your stuff more often. 

And finally, a very LONG LONG time blogger, Nancy at Bookfoolery! She not only posts about books, but CATS too! In looking at her blog right now I see that she has a blogroll that is much more complete than mine and now I need to go through that to see who else is still out there in the blogging world!





You know what I really miss is Google Reader, right? How to keep track of everyone without that! All the other blog organization ones I've tried just didn't cut it. I have my blogroll on my page, and it's so sad to scroll through that and see how many people haven't blogged in forever. But also fun to see the ones that have hung in there! I feel like I'm struggling with the blogging, but still I am getting a few posts a year! So go me! And go everyone else still hanging in there!

Now next month I need to find some new bloggers! 

9 comments:

  1. Awwww. Thank you so much, Suey! :) I'm glad we met through blogging and I'm glad we're friends IRL. I'm also glad you're still blogging. It wouldn't be the same without your blog. :)

    Thanks for the recs on the other blogs. I know many of them, but there are some new people that I'll have to go visit and say hi to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for shout out!

    I miss Google Reads as well! Now I use Feedly, which is fine, but I still miss Google Reads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! This didn't work out the way I wanted it to. Sorry I messed up your comment section. I was trying to reply to Kami.

    I also use Feedly. I really like it. I used Google Reader back in the day and i really liked it, but I think Feedly works just as good or even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, no worries about the comments. I did try Feedly and it was okay, but not as easy for me as Google Reader. I should probably try it again...

      Delete
  5. Thanks, Suey. I have enjoyed reading your blog for many years now, I'm glad you're still here too! I too started using Feedly when google reader disappeared- I recommend it! I couldn't keep up with the blogs I follow otherwise. I only know Nancy off your list of favorite bloggers, so now I have some new connections to make! (And that's a great photo btw).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Suey. I love reading the bloggers who are still here. It's hard to see so many have moved on, but connecting on Instagram and FB is always a good reminder of the blogging peak.

    I also miss Google Reader. Feedly just didn't work for me. I need to figure out a way to keep up better. I've been terrible with that lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, thanks so much for the shout out. I'm definitely a senior citizen in the book blogging world! I'm so glad we've been able to meet up IRL. We need to do it again sometime. My son and his wife actually just moved up to Provo, so I'll probably be up there more often now. I'd love to get together with you, Jenni, Kami, etc.

    I miss Google Reader, too! I haven't found any other service I like as much. I use Feedly these days, but it's not the same...

    Weirdly, considering how long I've been around the book blogging world, you mentioned some book bloggers here I'm not familiar with. I'm going to check them out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, thanks, Suey! Looking at Susan's comment and, ha, yes to being a "senior citizen in the blogging world". LOL I don't think I'll ever stop missing those days when we were such a tight group. So many have given up blogging. That blog roll you mentioned is terribly out-of-date, unfortunately. And, I routinely consider walking away, myself.

    Google Reader was the greatest. I confess I've been terrible about visiting other blogs since that service was taken down. Nothing else ever worked for me.

    Thanks for the shout-out! I'm glad you're still chugging away!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails