Sunday, March 3, 2019

Book Review: Fame, Fate and the First Kiss by Kasie West

Book: Fame, Fate and the First Kiss by Kasie West

Genre: YA contemporary
Rating: ★ ★ ★ 

As you know, I pretty much read all Kasie West books the minute they are out. So this is the latest one!

It's about a girl who is the lead actress in a zombie movie playing opposite a famous actor dude. She is happy for her big break, but trying to adjust living with her dad suddenly and having his ever protective presence always in her face. As part of that, he has hired a tutor from the local school, to help her get her homework packets done. When the tutor shows up, she is surprised that he is a cute student her age, but not surprised at how serious and closed off he is. She pretty writes him off.

But that doesn't last for long. She soon realizes there is a lot more to him than meets the eye and she learns that if she is going to find "chemistry" with her co-star, she might have to experience love in real life first.

Lots of fun movie set scenes. Which is funny since I just read a book taking place on a movie set. Seems like these things come in spurts, yeah? It's fun because we get a little glimpse throughout this one of the actual script of the movie too.

So, as with all the rest of her books, I totally enjoyed and devoured it. Those first books are still some of my favorites but I really truly enjoy a good simple YA romance with a little mysterious conflict thrown in. So much fun!


2 comments:

  1. I tried to read this book. Thanks for sharing but recently I read book Girls of Paper and Fire (Hardcover) by Natasha Ngan online. It was a best book to read. I hope you also tried as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are hit and miss for me, but I like the idea of a zombie movie set.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails