Friday, December 22, 2017

Kdrama Review: Revolutionary Love

Drama: Revolutionary Love
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Starring: Choi Siwon, Kang So Ra, Gong Myung
Rating: ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤


So I watched this one soley for the reason that Siwon was in it. His first project since coming back from the military. We loved him as the second lead in She Was Pretty, but what would he be like as the main lead?

Pretty awesome I'd say! It did start out a bit weird for me. He was over the top silly, but that's because his character was. And it was somewhat cringy. But then, as the character developed, Siwon's acting refined too. Yeah. Of course he can act in a "normal" way!

In fact by the end, he was back to his swoon worthy self in a big way! Sheesh. Boy.

So this one it about the son of a rich family who owns a food company. But the son is a good for nothing playboy type who doesn't seem even a little bit smart at all. And because of all his escapades, he sort of gets kicked out.


And that's when he runs into this girl who is just working like crazy at a gazillion different jobs just to have enough to live on. He is fascinated by this. And it's actaully refreshing to him. And he falls for her fast. And now he wants to please her. Make her proud of him.

This leads to him doing all sorts of crazy things that actually start to benefit the big food company. And his dad gets mad about it, because he's pretty much a crook. But his older brother is even worse. And now they want to stop him. Especially since he's trying to uncover all the crap they've been doing all these years.

But instead, he ends up as an intern at his own company.

And there is a the second lead, who has been his reluctant friend through it all and bales him out of everything. And this friend has also been in love with the girl for years. But never has said anything. And it's so so heart wrenching! Ah, I loved this guy! (Well, and are you surprised? Always the second male lead guys. Always. Even when Siwon is the main lead!!!)

Gong Myung as the second lead who doesn't get the girl.

Anyway. It's supposed to be a funny show and it is over the top silly at times. But there are some dark disturbing moments too. Child abuse for one. And Siwon, even though he's older now, still gets beat up by his dad. Like, all he time. It's terrible.

So, yeah. You never can tell what you are going to get with these things! In the end, I totaly enjoyed it, but there were parts that made me either roll my eyes or cringe, or look away. A strange little drama indeed.

Here's a trailer that hardly gives you a feel for it at all:




And here's the song. It's English again! What's up with that!???

6 comments:

  1. Definitely one to watch down the line. The one I tried was so cheesy that it almost scared me off them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Siwon! He's the main lead this time, huh? Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed this drama since most everything else I've heard about this drama has been negative although most the people I've seen talk about it dropped it after just a few episodes so maybe it just took awhile to get good. I've actually only experienced second lead syndrome once in Who Are You: School 2015 and I have to say that it was both painful and fun so I'm glad that I usually prefer lead to the second lead. I'm also wondering if you have started watching any other dramas yet or what dramas you plan to start next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lilly: It did take awhile to kick in for me. But it was fun to see the growth of his character. You've only had 2nd male lead syndrome once? WHAT???? I have it nearly every time! Now I'm really scared of School 2015 if that one got you! I haven't gotten into any other dramas yet. I watched the first episode of Minho's... the the whole Jonghyn thing happened, and so now how can I go back and watch the second part of a drama that's about going back into to stop a suicide? I just can't do it right now! Gah. Poor Minho. I watched the first episode of Meloholic... but... wow, it's kinda weird. Anyway. I think I'm going to start I Am Not a Robot now.. instead. :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails