Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Kdrama Review: The Best Hit

Drama: The Best Hit
Genre: Fantasy/Rom Com
Starring: Yoon Si Yoon, Kim Min Jae, Lee Se Young, Cha Eun Woo
Rating:  ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤


This is the drama that I had started before the trip, but couldn't finish up until after I got home because... DramaFever. Anyway...

I watched this one because of Yoon Si Yoon, who is an irresistable cute actor. I find him just that... cute. Not the kill me kind of gorgeousness, or the jaw dropping acting, but just plain cute. Also, the premise sounded especially funny.

And that is, we have a guy who is a kpop star in the 90s. One night, there's a strange storm phenomenon and he falls and when he wakes up he's in 2017. And so he proceeds to find out what's happening with the people he loves from the 90s. And it's not at all what he expects.

It's funny in the since that he has to learn how to deal with new technology and advances after 20 plus years. (It's weird how much has changed, and we take it for granted until we watch something like this and then it's like.. wow.) And he learns about stuff that happened AFTER the time period he comes from. (Don't think about it too hard. Time travel stories are very mind boggling as we know and usually don't make much sense. This one dealt with that VERY loosely.) And it messes with his brain and he doesn't know what to do next.
Yoon Si Yoon after he gets used to 2017

While I watched this one for Si Yoon, I stayed because of Min Jae. What freaking doll. He was the young king in Goblin and didn't make a huge impression on me there (I know some fell in love with him just from that) but he killed me in this one. Sadly, he was the second male lead, and we all know what that means. Now I need a drama were he is the first. PLEASE!

The irresistible Kim Min Jae

The story is complicated in the romantic storyline and is all over the place. Which can be both fun and frustrating. But the heart of the drama comes with the way everyone's lives have turned out and what our star dude thinks of that. And should he go back and change things? Or make sure things stay the same? Dilemma.

Oh, also I loved the fact that another kpop star in real life (Eun Woo from Astro) was in this playing an obnoxious stuck up kpop star. The fact that I started this drama right after I actually saw him IN REAL LIFE made this especially fun! And to know that he is totally the opposite of the dude he was playing. Anyway, there were TONS of kpop references and cameos (Monsta X! WJSN!) that were a blast. And now I know Eunwoo's face way better than I did before and so when Astro comes around, I have them all figured out now! Love that.
EunWoo from Astro
All the Astro boys. :)

So I was worried to death about the ending of this one and my fears were founded, though by the time it came, I was okay with it. Mostly. Sigh. Most of the time these dramas have perfect endings, you know, but sometimes they surprise you. Just saying.


Here's a little trailer:

 


 And the song:

 

 And a scene with Eun Woo just for fun:

 


And for more fun... here's Astro live at Kcon... not my video footage since for some reason it's not letting me upload it (and we haven't yet put these guys on our channel) but this was taken from nearly the same spot we were and in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if my head shows up in the bottom right corner now and then. Anyway, can you pick out Eun  Woo after seeing him in the above clip? He's the one wearing the black jacket, with the white shirt, with DARK hair. :) I was more about Moonbin during kcocn (the one with the maroon-ish jacket) but watch them both at about 2:58. Aren't they the cutest? :)


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cute one but I'm afraid of that ending. He goes back in time doesn't he?? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny: ish...there's more to it than that...

      Delete
  2. I feel like there are way too many of these to keep up with anymore. I just don't know if I'm going to watch one for a while unless we have a watchathon. I need a watchathon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails