Thursday, March 21, 2013

Wahoo, Random Time!

I really wanted to throw up a post today, but I'm coming up blank. (Even though I did have a Character Connection idea, I'm just not feeling it for today!) So, when that happens, it's time for some random! Yes? I haven't done one of those for awhile, unless you count Sunday posts, but they are somehow sort of different then a true random, I'm thinking.

So, speaking of thinking, here's my random thoughts for the day:

** Book club is today! Now, while book club is going really great, I feel like we've lost a lot of members lately. Wondering if it's time to recruit again. Yet, that makes me a little more nervous than it used to, and I'm not sure why.

** Losing favorite characters on TV shows makes me crazy. Why watch Vampire Diaries without Jeremy? Or Amazing Race without Dave and Conner? Or Parenthood without Mark Cyr? (I'm holding out hope that it's not over with Jason Ritter yet. Please let him come back! I've developed a major crush!) Or even Dr. Who without David Tennant? Thought I think I'm finally warming up to Matt Smith.

** There was wind this morning, and all the garbage cans tipped over, and there was garbage blowing all over the neighborhood. It felt very apocalyptic.

** Did you know Bloggiesta starts tomorrow?! I hope some of you will be joining in the fun. You have stuff to do on your blog, right? Might as well do it this weekend, you know.

** I did tell you about that Coursera class I'm taking, right? The one about nutrition? Yeah, well, I'm sick of it now! It's been a too bit science-y and we all know I'm not much for the science. Anyway, once started, I hate to just quit and there's only a couple of weeks left, so I hope to hang in there. Good thing it's not a REAL class though.

** Instagram is really fun, but I can't seem to stick with those picture a day projects anymore! What's up with that?

** I "made" my son buy The Way of Kings for his iPad yesterday. Should we take bets on whether he reads it or not!? It's only $2.99 right now though, you know. In the mood for an epic fantasy? Then you also should buy it!

** The shower needs cleaning, but I'm not doing it!

** Speaking of book club, coming up next is I Am the Messenger. I'm pondering tweeting it as I re-re-read....thoughts, quotes, etc. Would that be cool or boring?

** They say I need to let my kids grow up. Not sure if I can do this. What do you think? Should I let them grow up? I really wish someone would have told me this in the beginning! I mean, who knew?

Okay, well, now that I've got all that off my mind, it's time to go do something a bit more productive.

Enjoy the day!




10 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to Bloggiesta this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say yes to tweeting about the re re re read, and yes to recruiting for book club. The more the merrier. Good luck with Bloggiesta. I can't believe it's here again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny: I think I will! The tweet a book thing! Could be fun! Bloggiesta scares me this time around. I'm having technical issues! I will need the luck!

      Delete
  3. Haha, my shower needs cleaning also. And like you, I"m not going to right now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jasmine: I think it's one of the worse jobs ever.

      Delete
  4. I agree about Mark Cyr in Parenthood! Keeping my fingers crossed!! :)

    Looking forward to Bloggiesta this weekend, but will probably only be able to participate sporadically. This is the weekend we put the house on the market!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, so I tried this yesterday, and I'm going to try again now.

    I very much enjoyed discussing THE IMMORTAL LIFE OF HENRIETTA LACKS at book club - it is a book that demands discussion.

    I'm all for live tweeting the rereading of I AM THE MESSENGER. I just might steal the idea and do it with you.

    And I just might buy THE WAY OF KINGS at that price!

    Okay, that is all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica: I'm getting over the top excited to do the live tweet thing!

      Delete
  6. I agree with you about Instagram, but I am finding it much easier to keep up with the bookish themed one that I am participating in (#estellagram) than the general ones!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails